Job provided by Ngage
Share this job on social:
About the job
With numerous offices across Germany, Austria, Italy, America, China and the UK, the company has a truly global presence allowing comprehensive support for powertrain system design and supply projects across all vehicle sectors.
- System supplier for complete automotive powertrain systems.
- Full electrical and mechanical capability from clean sheet through to quality accredited production.
- Specific sites setup to support a lot of the global OEMs.
- Production supplier for many of the current and future advanced powertrain systems and components.
As part of the groups global growth, and the continuing expansion of the company, a vacancy has arisen for a Senior ElectroMechanical Design Engineer to join the business at the Warwick office.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer of Electrical Systems, our client seeks an ElectroMechanical Design Engineer with a broad experience of mechanical design and packaging of automotive electronic components/ECUs and their development for production particularly emotors and their associated inverter power electronics
and energy storage systems.
The companys Electrical department is currently involved in the customerfacing delivery of both hybrid and pure electric drivetrain solutions, supported by a team of over 110 emachine power electronics electronic hardware and software specialists based in Wrzburg and Lenting, Germany.
The key functions of the role:
- Support the mechanical design and delivery of electronic hardware components and solutions for customer applications, interfacing directly with the electronic design teams in the UK and Germany and/or the appropriate project team.
- Capture, manage and develop mechanical requirements specifications, 3D CAD and 2D drawings, ensuring alignment between internal team(s) and the customer.
- Contribute to internal and external design and DMU reviews, developing client system and component mechanical designs and packages to the agreed requirements and processes, from concept level through to production.
- Assist with system and componentlevel safety case development, and follow industry standard techniques to ensure a robust design, e.g. FMEA.
- Plan and action Design Verification(DV)and Production Validation (PV) activity at a component level.
- Manage mechanical interfaces between the electronic component(s) and the rest of the vehicle, liaising with crossfunctional teams and the customer.
- Liaison with, including travel to, other sites in order to coordinate design activities and ensure delivery is in line with the programme requirements.
Qualifications / Education / Experience required:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science related discipline.
- A minimum of 5years demonstrable design experience in an automotive or similar engineering environment.
- Proven experience of working on automotive electronic/electrical systems or components for production applications and understanding their interfaces and integration into the vehicle.
- Strong background in CAE design, and an experienced user of 2D and 3D CAD, preferably CATIA V5.
- Working understanding of automotive HV standards design methodologies and working practices.
- Verifiable experience in Component Specification Requirements Capture/Management and DV and PV processes.
- Confident user of MS Office products and competent user of PLM and BoM management systems.
- A good understanding of prototype and production assembly methods manufacturing techniques and designforservice requirements.
Other beneficial attributes:
- Experience in automotive HV (601000V) component development
- Familiarity with emotor and/or inverter mechanical design.
- Knowledge of German or other European languages.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.