Job provided by Appoint Group
Share this job on social:
About the job
Staff Nurse - Outpatient
Salary : £33,514 (depending on experience)
Location: Central London
Contract type : Permanent
We are looking for a new Staff Nurse to join our busy Outpatient Department. The Outpatient Department provides services for a variety of specialities including orthopaedics, ophthalmic, urology, obstetrics-gynaecology, dermatology, plastics, rheumatology, neurology as well as a nurse led pre-assessment clinic.
These role would ideally suit an experienced Staff Nurse who can support a range of clinical specialities, contributing to the delivery of an effective, efficient and responsive outpatient service. You will participate in the Governance of the department; including Risk Management, Health and Safety and Audit activities.
Your key responsibilities:
- To ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales using Hospital approved documentation, in line with NMC and Hospital guidelines.
- To ensure the provision of excellent, evidence based nursing care for patients.
- Ensure that each patient is assessed, and that their care is planned, implemented and evaluated, and that this is accurately documented.
- Ensure the provision of a welcoming, caring and safe environment for patients and their families.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care. This includes completion of training and development identified as part of appraisal and personal development (PDP) planning.
- To be competent in the administration of medication
- Communicate effectively, promoting open and trusting relationships.
- To be aware of the uses, safety precautions and handling of equipment in the department.
- Participate in effective communication between all members of the multidisciplinary team, other hospital departments, relatives and visitors.
- Ensure quality care is given, by being familiar with agreed standards of care and to inform seniors, if the required standard cannot be reached.
- Assist in ensuring the safety of the department, and the risk management process by actively participating in clinical audit, clinical risk and quality issues, including reporting of incidents.
- Be aware of how to access Hospital policies and clinical procedure guidelines and that staff adhere to these at all times
- Act as a team leader for Health Care Assistants, acting as a mentor/preceptor, and facilitating their development.
- To actively participate in the practical training at every opportunity, through formal and informal teaching.
- Supervise and orientate temporary staff and staff new to the area.
- To act as a preceptor for Health Care Assistants.
- To participate in audit relating to nursing and multidisciplinary care.
- Maintain own professional development and mandatory training
Why work for us?
At our Hospital we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes - including continuation of the NHS pension, to providing short-term accommodation for new starters.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- We can provide short-term accommodation for new starters at The Hospital
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
- £1,000 Refer a Friend scheme
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then I would love to hear from you.
Please contact Charlotte Pinkus on ##### ###### or send a copy of your CV to #####@######.### . All applications are completely confidential.