Job provided by Vision for Education
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Full time/Part time Tutors
We are currently recruiting experienced tutors to work with either Looked after children or SEN Children in Tutor on a part time and full-time basis to fulfil a one year contract. You will be responsible for the educational development of a cohort of LAC/ SEN under your supervision.
You will be required to be patient, calm and empathetic, and hold the ability to engage young people and motivate them to achieve. This role will require you to work on a flexible basis with pupils to build positive, professional relationships and help children overcome barriers to learning. Each pupil's timetable is tailor made to cater to their needs and interests; therefore you will be required to be adaptable.
The designated tutor will:
- Have a solid subject knowledge of the core subjects.
- Promote a relationship based on high expectations (in relation to IEP), encouraging the pupil. to consistently partake in pre-planned lesson activities.
- Successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around the pupil's IEP/ EHCP's.
- Make reasonable adjustments to session delivery where necessary.
- Have a motivating impact on the pupils under their supervision.
- Understand the role in relation to the wider statutory responsibilities of the LEA.
- Producing weekly timetables;
- Reporting weekly a summary of student's engagement and attainment;
- Recording and send accurate attendance figures;
- Liaising with school contacts and outside agencies and report any issues/concerns;
- Attending pupil meetings and PEP/ LAC reviews.
It is essential that successful tutors;
- Have proven experience of instructing or teaching young people
- Hold QTS
- Hold a full UK driving licence and has business insurance on their vehicle is preferred
- Has a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed IEP's for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence
- Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
Should you wish to discuss the role further please send your CV to #####@######.###
Part-time and full-time roles available.