Job provided by Search Consultancy
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Graduate Controls & Systems Engineer
Our chosen business partner is currently experiencing a steady period of growth and is looking to add to their engineering department. They are a specialist manufacturer of highly engineered components and assemblies requiring the tightest dimensional tolerances for a range of demanding automotive and specialist engineering applications.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the primary responsibilities for the role will involve working on automation of CNC machinery, vision inspection systems, machinery PLC programming, machine interfacing & smart improvements to improve efficiency in production. A hands on approach is a must.
This is an interesting, challenging & exciting role will ensure & boost the continuation of growth within a unique specialized manufacturing company.
- Designing and ordering of equipment (including full special purpose machine design to build) /fixtures to meet the requirements of the cell to the allocated budget and timescales.
- Full commissioning of automation equipment, including mechanical installation, system programming & testing.
- Interfacing machinery with automation equipment and ensure that cell conforms to health and safety legislation.
- Provide the necessary training for operators, production technicians and other engineers in the use of the equipment prior to hand over to operations.
- Ensure that the necessary setting and operating training manuals are created for any new or upgraded equipment.
- Provide estimates for any equipment required to automate new or existing equipment or special purpose machine tools.
- Liaise & assist maintenance department with complex issues.
- Problem resolution with regard to applications or quality issues as required.
- Ideally 2:1 and above in Electrical/Software/Automation Engineering.
- Knowledge of Fanuc NC, Mitsubishi PLC are desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of CNC machine tool controls & integration, PLC controlled equipment, Robotics, Servo motors & drives, Pneumatics, Hydraulics basic mechanics (bearings, tolerances).
- A sound understanding of automation techniques / equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Innovative, visionary, creative, willing to push technical boundaries.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team with a hands on approach.
- Self disciplined, able to work under pressure to tight time lines.
- Adaptable, able to establish good working relationship with people at all levels.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.