Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
IT Support Technician
Location: Kings Norton
Key Responsibilities of the IT Support Technician :
- Support and maintain the Company's IT systems including networking / VPNs and remote sites.
- Set up and configure new laptops and desktops including the installation of authorised software, deployment of software upgrades and application of antivirus updates.
- Set up and configure mobile devices including both Android and IOS.
- Support, maintain and administer MS Server/Desktops/Laptops, MS Exchange.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues from end to end including endpoints and servers.
- Create and manage user accounts and email addresses via Exchange/Active Directory
- Take responsibility for own workload and keep others informed, highlighting potential problems and suggesting solutions to ensure continuity of service delivery.
- IT Support Helpdesk, ensuring tickets are closed off in a timely manner.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialists and provide expert advice regarding their application.
- Providing telephone support on occasions outside of normal working hours, and be part of the IT Support rota.
Requirements of the IT Support Technician:
- Degree in Computer Science related subject desirable
- Experience within the Engineering sector is desirable but not essential
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office
- MS related qualifications desirable
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Proactive team player with strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- Keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Works well under pressure with ability to prioritise workload, multitask and deliver to deadlines
- A proactive approach with the ability to make decisions without daily guidance
- Customer Focus
- Analytical and results orientated
Feel you meet the above criteria of this IT Support Technician role? Apply now!