Job provided by Additional Resources Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Junior IT Technician/ Trainee IT Support – Workington, Cumbria
Salary: £18,000-£20,000 p.a.
Our client is an Education provider looking for a Junior IT Technician to join their team, this role is a customer facing role and the main duties would be:
• Providing first and second line support to staff and students, this may be remotely, over the phone or face to face.
• Visiting classrooms repairing issues with display screen equipment in the classrooms.
• Ensure that helpdesk tickets are resolved in compliance with the company SLA agreement.
• Provide admin support and update IT financial records as required to the IT department as required.
• Attend weekly helpdesk meetings updating the IT team on the status of tickets within the helpdesk.
• Work within the IT team to provide support to staff and students across the company network, supporting around 800 devices over 5 sites running Windows 10.
• Creating user accounts for staff, students and commercial course visitors.
• Providing training to staff on new IT systems.
• Assist IT Technicians and IT Support Lead with infrastructure work as required.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop skills within the IT industry. Time will be given to develop skills and access to online training will be provided as well as in department training.
• Working on devices and networks ranging from laptops, desktops, tablet and mobile devices.
• Windows Server 2012 R2 and Server 2019.
• Windows 7 and Windows 10.
• Cisco Networking Equipment.
• Veeam Backup Recovery and Replication.
• Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus accredited.
Essentials Skills Required:
• Good communication skills.
• Good organisational skills.
• Enthusiastic and passionate about having a career in IT.
• Ability to work on their own as well as work as part of a team.
• Good troubleshooting skills.
• Previous experience using Active Directory and Windows Server preferred.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.