Job provided by Luton Bennett
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Manufacturing Engineer (NPI)
£33,000 to £45,000 DOE + 25 Holidays + Bank Holidays + Pension + Early Finish on Fridays
Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4.45pm
Fridays, 8am to 12pm
This role covers a split between New Product Introduction (NPI) and process improvement work.
This is an NPI focused role, where you will develop the manufacturing process, design fixtures and define the tooling required and complete components using the AlphaCAM programming system. You will then liaise with the manufacturing team to ensure that product is manufactured within the allocated time frame.
This is a great time to join the business as they have a huge planned investment to the site.
The successful candidate will be from either from Oil and Gas, Aerospace or heavy industrial background from a similar role. You will need to be able to use AutoCAD or AlphaCAM in 3D, and have previous LEAN manufacturing experience, 5s knowledge.
Another aspect of this role will be focused on continuous improvement, this will require analysing data from machinery to focus on waste reduction, reduction in cycle time and cost reduction.
This is a great opportunity to become a part of a growing company with who are continuously investing and expanding their projects, creating potential to expand their team, creating further progression opportunities. The business is an expanding manufacturer who work with major clients across multiple sectors, including aerospace and power generation.
- Project managing NPIs (New product Introductions).
- Designing fixtures required for manufacturing with AlphaCAM and programming.
- Tooling and cutting methodology to provide best practice material removal
- Focusing on continuous improvements based from data analyse from production machinery.
- With previous experience within a similar role in Oil and Gas, Aerospace or Heavy Industrial sector.
- Be able to use AutoCAD or AlphaCAM in 3D.
- Previous LEAN Manufacturing experience
- 5s Knowledge.
- PFMEA, PPAP or APQP knowledge an advantage