Job provided by CRG
Share this job on social:
About the job
1) Access plan, implement and evaluate patient and service user care without direct supervision.
2) Use your clinical knowledge and expertise to provide a high standard of skilled care to patients and service users, whilst promoting equality and dignity at all times.
3) Understand the importance of maintaining and developing your personal knowledge base with regards to current clinical developments and professional issues affecting nursing care, ensuring any practice is evidence based and contributes to the enhancement of patient and service user care.
4) Maintain competence in the essential skills necessary for the delivery of care in a clinical setting.
5) Communicate clearly and professionally, at all levels, with clients, colleagues, patients and members of the public in a courteous, approachable and helpful manner.
6) Accept personal accountability for your own practice as a qualified nurse and to work within the NMC or the HPC Code of Professional Conduct
7) You are responsible for maintaining your own professional indemnity insurance againts litigation and it is recommended that you become, if you are not already, a member of a trade union.
8) Be aware of your own responsibility with regards to legislative and statutory requirements.
9) Act in a professional manner and as a role model to subordinate staff.
10) Promote effective and efficient team work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
11) Ensure and promote the efficient use of client resources, to include stock.
12) Record patient and service user observations accurately and clearly, using the appropriate documentation, ensuring any information written by you is signed and dated by you (E.G. Kardex Drug Regime).
13) Receive and relay messages accurately to the individual for whom the message is intended.
14) Be aware of client, Hospital and / or Trust health and safety arrangements, and the need for identifying and reporting hazards.
15) Be able to respond to and manage emergency situations effectively and in line with client or Trust policies and procedures.
16) To perform any other appropriate duties that may be required from time to time.
17) To arrive at all assignments punctually, wearing the correct uniform and identification badge.