About the job
AL22 - Retail Merchandisers
Location - Harlow
Salary - £19, 400 + Company Vehicle
Mission Statement: To provide a high level of customer service providing full and hygienically clean machines across the operational base.
Job Objective: To follow a weekly route sheet, ensuring all types of vending machines are merchandised fully and cleaned to Automatic Vending Association hygiene standards. To sell as much product as possible through the vending machines, by ensuring that relevant stock is correctly loaded and positioned into the machines, they are hygienically cleaned and replenished, and left in an attractive appearance, to encourage consumers to buy, thus maximizing sales and revenue.
Reports to: Retail Operations Team Leader
Working closely with: The Retail Operations and Technical Service Team
You will be required:
1) Route and machine management
• To ensure your work route is adhered to at all times. Work hours start from arrival on your first job to the completion of your last job.
• To ensure that all vending machines are filled and cleaned to the required levels as per Company guidelines at any given time.
• To carry out a daily clean and weekly deep clean on all vending machines on your route, in line with Company procedures and any Client specific Service Level Agreements.
• To complete all Company paper work including taking of machine vend readings as required and then submitted as per Company guidelines.
• To complete all the relevant stock and cash controls across the machine base and on the company vans.
• To fix occasional faults on machines e.g. cup jams, blocked mixing bowls etc. and report all machine faults to the Service Desk.
• To report all accidents, unfit foods and customer complaints to your Team Leader or to the Service Desk on the same day that any incident occurs.
2) Company Vehicle
• To ensure that deliveries are stored in the correct place on your van and that stock is rotated to minimise waste and ensure no “out of date” products are used.
• To ensure that the storage facilities in your vehicle are kept clean and tidy at all times.
• To maintain the vehicle in accordance with the servicing schedules. The vehicle must be kept in a satisfactory road worthy condition at all times.
• The vehicle must be kept clean and tidy both inside and out at all times. Any defects must be reported to the Team Leader immediately.
• To comply with the laws of the road, drive carefully and considerately at all times and hold a current clean driving licence. To report any endorsements to your manager.
• To ensure that all locks and secure storage areas of your vehicle are in good working order. Any faults must be reported immediately and arrangements made for repair at the earliest opportunity.
3) Health & Safety and Security
• To observe all Client Rules and Regulations and Procedures.
• To adhere to Company Health and Safety Policies at all times.
• To ensure that only Company specific cleaning materials are used at all times.
• To ensure that your vehicle remains double locked when left unattended.
• To ensure that cash is placed securely in the van safe at all times.
4) Customer Service
• To ensure a high level of customer care is maintained and that this is always conducted in a courteous manner.
• To ensure appearance, is kept to the high standards as stated in the Operator’s Handbook, (smart and clean uniform, personal hygiene, well groomed, no visible tattoos).
• To adhere to our Clients building waste policy at all times.
• You will be required to attend any relevant training courses, conferences or meetings as requested by the Company but this will be discussed with you beforehand and as much notice as possible will be given in order for you to make any personal arrangements as necessary.
• To adhere to any reasonable management request.
Mon – Fri, 47.5 Hours a week.