Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Share this job on social:
About the job
Salary: £17,000-£21,000 including bonus per annum + training + career progression + benefits
- Immediate start available *
Our client is currently looking to recruit a full-time Sales Assistant for their Orpington store.
Established in 1951, they are privately owned and is a global business and is a leading supplier of electrical products and services for professional buyers and installers. They operate across the UK via a national network of stores and online.
Our client is a leading electrical wholesaler with 390 stores in the UK, their culture wherever possible is to promote from within, therefore career progression opportunities are available to everyone who joins the company.
About the Sales Assistant role:
The Sales Assistant's role includes generating and increasing sales through serving customers on the trade counter, as well as over the telephone, preparing customer quotations, purchase ordering, supplier negotiation and warehouse duties including, picking customer orders, plus goods in /out responsibilities and deliveries to customers.
One of their core values is to promote their own people through the business wherever possible, therefore people development and career progression are high on their agenda. Their current senior management team all joined the business at store level and have progressed through the business in this way, with hard work and dedication the very same opportunity is available to you.
Responsibilities of the Sales Assistant:
- Serving customers on the trade counter
- Internal sales / answering the telephone
- Preparing customer quotations
- Purchase ordering and supplier negotiation
- Customer order picking
- Goods in / out responsibilities
- Customer deliveries
Requirements of the Sales Assistant:
- Wholesale experience is preferable but not essential
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Successful applicants will need to have a full UK driving licence
Benefits of becoming the Sales Assistant:
- A competitive industry salary
- An uncapped bonus scheme, which allows you to benefit from the success of the Company
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff discount
If you feel you meet the above criteria of this Sales Assistant role then please apply now!