Job provided by TalentSpa Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Senior Technical Coordinator
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Our client is a dynamic fast growing independent multi-utility connection contractor. By working closely with their clients to their deadlines, they offer flexible utility infrastructure solutions that enable developers to sell houses on time and within programme.
Due to continual growth, our client have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Coordinator to join their newly opened office in Leicester to provide full responsibility for the timely and accurate delivery of allocated projects with the opportunity to manage and develop a team in the near future.
- Establishing client requirements for utilities, you will convert these into utility designs in line with company target timescales for handover to Operations
- Interface with the internal sales, design and operations teams and external designers and suppliers
- Offering technical support to the client and the operation teams
- Provide excellent customer service
- Raising and resolving queries with client Technical Managers
- Liaise with consultants, Contract Managers, clients, sub-contractors and support functions ensuring specifications, quantities, issues and risks are identified and agreed
- Update web based and internal project monitoring systems as and when appropriate
- Coordinating Water, Gas, Electricity and civils designs in accordance with client & licence requirements
- Attend client review meetings to ensure working relationships are maintained and to obtain repeat business
- Management of assistants and trainee TC's as the department grows
- Take the role of department expert in a specific area of works i.e. High rise, I&C connections, multi phase projects, general electric/gas/water or fibre knowledge
- Give commercial input into allocated projects in order to enhance profitability
- Experience within a technical or commercial capacity with the coordination of projects, and estimating or quantity surveying is desirable.
- Utilities experience is essential, either within a utilities ICP, DNO or Developer Services
- Knowledge and understanding of effective customer care processes and the effects on financial costs
- Knowledge and awareness of continuous improvement techniques within new and existing processes
- A self-motivated, adaptable approach with the ability to work under self-supervision
- Excellent organisation skills
- The ability to critically analyse and evaluate and problem solve as necessary whilst working to tight deadlines
- Demonstrates empathy with clients and converts needs into deliverables
- Proven experience of commercial obligations
- Experience of raising and resolving issues with a solution focused approach
- Solid experience using Microsoft office and in-house databases
- Construction Based HND/HNC or Degree would be desirable
- Valid, clean driving licence as this position includes attending Client Meetings at their sites
In return for your skills, experience and attitude, our client offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, pension, share investment scheme, discounted gym membership and much more! If you have the skills and attributes required, then please apply now. Closing date for this position is 16th December 2018.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, and they value diversity and promote equality across all of their businesses. They welcome applications from all sections of society and are always happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application. The terminology used in this advert is not intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.