Job provided by Web Recruit
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Service Desk Associate
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Up to £18,000 (DOE) + Choice of Benefits Package
Our client is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. They provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
They are on the lookout for a talented Service Desk Associate to join their Specialised Business Unit, based at their Halifax office. You will be joining and experienced team of 6 ranging from team leads to technical engineers.
The purpose of the Service Desk Associate will be
To provide first class customer service and support to customers, dealing with initial enquiries in regards to our client’s software products. You will be delivering results by taking accountability and resolving client issues in a timely manner.
Our client would like to meet a Service Desk Associate with experience in the following
- Experience of providing first-rate customer service through working on a Service Desk, analysing and resolving client issues.
- The ability to investigate and provide efficient solutions for application issues raised in a timely manner.
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment, and the ability to work proactively and independently.
- A real passion to provide resolutions to customers through a high level of customer service.
- Experience of working with one or more of the following Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Products, SQL, Unix and Linux operating systems is required.
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry or an interest in IT/creating software are highly desirable.
The Service Desk Associate responsibilities include -
- Investigating and providing solutions for issues raised from client calls, emails or portal requests to the service desk.
- Producing clear specifications relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions.
- Recognising when a call is not readily resolvable and following processes to ensure that the issue is escalated.
- Carry out testing, investigate and report errors that may be found.
- To assist the Service Desk Team Leader to control the number of calls open on the Service Desk.
- To use the formal call logging system in place, and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded.
- Demonstrate an excellent customer service focus when dealing with clients.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all with the one strong, clear vision to be the leading provider of insurance technology software.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days and gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, matching pension scheme and so much more.
Our client has a strong, clear vision to be the leading provider of insurance technology software and their values describe what makes them unique, and captures the spirit that runs through everything they do.
Respect Ownership Collaboration Innovation Energy
A career with our client:
Our client believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
Our client believes that their diversity makes them stronger. As an equal opportunities employer they celebrate and support everyone who works for them. They are committed to providing equal opportunities in their working practices and are proud of their inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that our client does not discriminate on any basis. Instead they continue to actively promote equality and grow their diverse workforce for the benefit of their customers, products, business and people.
To apply for the role of Service Desk Associate, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Service Desk Associate, IT Support Technician, Technical Support Advisor, IT Support Analyst, Helpdesk Associate, Service Desk Technician, Helpdesk Technician, IT Support.