Job provided by Barker Ross Group
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Shift Manager to join the team in Nottingham.
My client are the worlds largest manufacturer of their specialist field with an outstanding reputation in the market.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Shift Manager will have shift responsibility for the whole production area and output including performance target and attainment.
Duties will include:
- Delivery of the people plan for the shift team
- Meet performance review objectives
- Deliver manufacturing plan to budget whilst upholding safety and quality standards
- Create a culture of strategic excellence and encourage others to think longerterm, developing strategic advantage and seeking opportunities for future development
- Ensure that the lines operate with site systems ISO9001, ISO14001 and HSAS18001
- Update of SOPs and WPSs, COSH Sheets, Risk Assessments and training records
- Ensure data collection is correct and communicated to logistic control on SAP
- OEE achieved target boards or day plan or CCC
- Trained on above HSE Standards to complete internal/external audits in line with plan
- Analyse line performance and ensure that countermeasures are identified and implemented
- Support any NPD activity within the department with correct and timely management of recipes and trials by acting upon information from NPD committee
- Support and involvement with capital / equipment projects including ensuring communication from Operations Manager regarding upcoming projects and planning around any special projects that have been communicated
- Fully support and implementation of training requirements including identifying training needs, devising training matrices, coordinating training plans, and ensuring training is carried out and new practices are adhered to
- Ongoing communication with shift employees through briefings, conversations, and other methods to ensure a focus on a results driven and employee engaged culture
- Drive internal production processes towards achieving performance against plan supporting the Company objective of 95% OTIF
The successful candidate will have:
- IOSH certification
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Proven experience of quality management and lean manufacturing
- Excellent IT skills MS Office Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to take decisions in a timely manner whilst at the same time ensuring others follow similar principles, asserting authority in order to meet agreed timescales and deadlines and overcome any issues.
- Ability to provide a positive and innovative atmosphere, achieving results through standard operating procedures and a systematic approach
- Ability to adjust to change whilst at the same time work within set guidelines
- A selfstarting, competitive, imaginative, enthusiastic, selfconfident, inspiring, logical, systematic and precise ethic
Weekend hours are:
06.00 18.00 Sat and Sun and one midweek shift every two weeks.
For more information please contact Nicole Durham.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our