Job provided by Workvine
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient's cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market.
Due to our continued growth we are looking for a Team Leader within Analytical Services Group. The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Scientists and Laboratory Technicians, effectively co-ordinate the daily activities to ensure ASG timelines are met whilst maintain compliance with GMP & safety regulations.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsible for the line management of a team of analytical scientists and technicians; including managing performance, motivating the team and recruitment.
- In conjunction with the other team leaders and scheduler co-ordinate the team's day to day activities.
- Perform assays, report results and QC check assays for QC release and stability in accordance with GMP regulations.
- Organize and conduct training, review and approve training records.
- Contribute to and/or lead trouble shooting and technical investigations.
- Contribute to and/or lead both departmental and company initiatives/projects.
- Complete quality records (QIs, deviations, CAPAs and change controls) in a timely manner.
- Write and review ASG Policies, SOPs and forms.
- Responsible for ensuring the GMP compliance of the laboratory and equipment.
- Support customer and regulatory inspections, attend Customer meetings.
Key skills and requirements:
- Laboratory technical experience in one or more of the following areas: cell culture, qPCR or ELISA
- Line management skills essential
- Ability to work within GMP regulations and maintain compliance; previous experience of working within a GMP environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure
- Good organisational and time management skills
Educated to BSc level with relevant experience, including experience within a GMP environment
No agencies please