Job provided by Ethero Ltd
Sorry, this job has now EXPIRED!Back to job search
Share this job on social:
About the job
I am currently recruiting for Technical Operator's to join my Client in Burton on Trent on a full time, permanent basis. Applicants must be able to work on a 3 or 4 shift rotating pattern with some weekend working and must be flexible with pattern of shift to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses etc.
The Technical Operator is responsible for the operation, maintenance, improvement and repair of equipment to support the delivery of operational KPIs (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale, Innovation and Sustainability (PQSCDMIS)).
The Technical Operator should master the operation of a series of machines/processes in at least two areas of the factory in order to provide factory resilience. Supported by the core skills to work within an autonomous team the Technical Operator will diligently follow the established standards of production delivery and drive continuous improvement. Safety, quality and eco-efficiency are the hallmarks of the Technical Operator, which complement an enhanced ability to analyse, problem solve and coach others.
The Technical Operator will have a basic understanding of key cost drivers in the Sourcing Unit and will grow this in line with wider project management skills.
Technical - Knowledge and application of technical skills to Operate, Maintain, Improve and Repair (OMIR) equipment. This allows production targets to be met safely, at the right level of quality and on time. Full Technical Operator status is dependent on a high level of mechanical competence as defined by the skills profile.
• Understand the principles of mechanism and motion and be able to conduct changeovers, basic repairs and adjustments (e.g. Cams, slides, bearings, belts and pulleys). Utilise appropriate lubrication regimes.
• Understanding of principles and application of pneumatics in the sourcing unit; able to conduct fault finding and basic repair.
• Monitor and evaluate the condition of equipment, machinery and components through the use of instrumentation and other diagnostic techniques. Liaises with technicians to eliminate sources of contamination.
• FULL Technical Operator Level - possess Maintenance Engineering or Mechanical Discipline at Post Apprenticeship level (as graded by national standards). E.g. NVQ3 / Full Mechanical Apprenticeship.
• DEVELOPING Technical Operator Level- Experience as a Technical Operator in current organisation with a recognised engineering qualification e.g. NVQ2.
• ENTRY Technical Operators Level Prove the necessary aptitude to enter the Technical Operator curriculum, demonstrating basic mechanical knowledge and ability to problem solve in a factory environment.
• GCSE's or equivalent in Maths and English at grade C or above
• Experience operating at relevant Technical Operator level or as Single Skilled Mechanical Engineer.
• Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
• Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company.
• Experience as a team member within a project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
This is a full time, permanent role offering a salary £28,000 - £33,000, to apply for this position, please contact Liam Connolly on ##### ###### or apply online.