This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
- Creating effective code that can be sustained
- Improving and monitoring the performance of a website’s front end
- Designing new applications and improving existing ones
- Analysing requirements, risks and reliability and acting upon your findings
- Working closely with others, such as back-end developers
- Understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance
- Working experience of front-end tools
- Understanding and experience of HTML5 and other web mark-up languages
Working as a developer offers many great benefits. Salaries are above the national average and can be high once you gain some years of experience. Your skills are likely to remain in high demand, helping to create many opportunities to developer professionally. Long-term job security is good, and an increasing number of positions are offering the option of remote working.
However, the role can also be very demanding. You will likely have a heavy workload and may be expected to work ‘out of office’ hours during emergencies and large projects. You will need to be a good team player and accept criticism and advice regarding your work from others. You will need to keep up to date with the latest developments and technologies, as well as provide expert advice to senior members of an organisation.