Ward Host Jobs in Newcastle upon Tyne - September 2021 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
2 Ward Host jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
Many ward host employers in Newcastle upon Tyne are keen to find reliable and dependable individuals who want to live and work in this industrial city. Working as a ward host in Newcastle upon Tyne is a highly rewarding job that gives you the chance to help people when they need it most. No two days will be the same and you will be able to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team.
Working as a ward host in Newcastle upon Tyne is a hugely rewarding position and will allow you to help patients when they need you the most. When looking for ward host jobs in Newcastle, it is important to know what the main duties and expectations are. Currently, you can expect to:
- Organising meal plans for patients and helping to serve them
- Maintaining the ward environment
- Clearing away food after the meals have been served
- Maintaining the quality of eating equipment and organising replacements when needed
Whilst ward host employers in Newcastle upon Tyne will not require any specific qualifications, they will look for certain personality traits and previous experience, including the following:
- Food hygiene certification
- Basic literacy and numeracy qualifications
- Cleaning skills
- A personable nature and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Experience of working in a health or social care setting (either as a volunteer or as an employee)
Ward host employers in Newcastle upon Tyne are keen to find people who want to help others and are committed to providing a quality service every day. Some of the positives of this role include:
- Working as a part of a large team
- Developing good working relationships with patients
- Learning about how to provide for a range of dietary requirements
Working as a ward host in Newcastle upon Tyne may also involve working unusual hours, which many find appealing as it allows them to work around other commitments they may have.
Working as a ward host in Newcastle upon Tyne is a great opportunity for anyone that wants to take a step into healthcare. You will be exposed to a wide range of healthcare staff, enabling you to learn more about specific positions and perhaps opening up new career opportunities. However, there are some negative aspects that you will need to consider when applying for ward host jobs in Newcastle upon Tyne, including:
- Working anti-social hours
- Low salaries, particularly starting salaries