Maidstone, Kent, England
Permanent (Full time)
Your New role
Here at National Highways we are striving for excellence so if you’re looking for a new opportunity to be part of a high performing team within a progressive organisation please see below!
We have an opportunity for a Planner to join our team in the South-East, in this role you will develop manage and maintain the master schedule delivery programme for the region for in-year and future year programmes.
What you’ll be leading on
• You’ll compile and maintain the master view of yearly scheme schedules and delivery plans for the region, supporting the ‘one programme’ vision
• Proactively challenge project plans and identify opportunities to optimise the combining of works as part of regional collaboration initiatives or efficiency opportunities
• Maintaining and update the scheme progress on a regular basis with consistent use of project controls
• You’ll provide programme status and variance reports including those to fully support internal month end and year end reporting
• Lead on provision of key programme information including forecast/actual dates and outputs
• Developing strong working relationships and ensure continual liaison and collaboration with Scheme Delivery and Service Delivery colleagues, other National Highways stakeholders and third-party suppliers in producing, reviewing and updating the in-year programme
• You’ll take an active role in collaborative planning initiatives, visual planning meetings and meetings that seek to maximise efficiencies across Operations to co-ordinate works and opportunities identified.
To be Successful
• Experience in developing, maintaining and scheduling programmes
• Good understanding of civil engineering and infrastructure works relevant to planning
• Experience of liaising with multiple stakeholders
• Drives for results; able to motivate others; attention to detail and strong organisation skills with an ability to focus on priorities
• Advanced use of Microsoft Office . Excel
• Advanced use of planning project software . MS Project
• Understanding of planning theory; critical path analysis, linking, float, re-scheduling, maintaining and tracking base-lines, etc
• Understanding of project management disciplines
• Understanding of lean and agile methodologies
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Want to know more?
Please email ######.uk quoting 212 Planner
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.