Night CNC Setter / Operator
Bridgwater, Somerset, England
Up to £25700 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
A fantastic opportunity to work for a market leading engineering company in the Bridgwater area as a CNC Setter / Operator on a night shift.
Working Monday to Thursday, 10pm - 6am
30 hours per week
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Produce parts from information contained in the job cards. Read and understand a technical drawing and understand the use of tool cutting parts and TNR compensation.
- Able to read a CNC program, and edit if required.
- Select and set the correct tools for the job.
- Check physical seal dimensions with various mechanical and optical measuring equipment and ensure that they are within the tolerance specified on the drawing.
- Carry out batch inspection parts at regular intervals as defined in the SOP.
- Batch inspect parts for defects and dispose of any parts that do not meet parameters.
- Set and operate a number of CNC machines as required.
- Run first off's and check dimensions of the first off to drawing and make any adjustments as required.
- Enter job details start / end etc on barcode scanning for job traceability
- Reinstate the work area before starting the next job.
Education and Experience
- Time served or equivalent experience preferred.
- Previous experience in engineering production.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings and interpret the information to produce a part.
- Flexible in the ability to run numerous CNC machines and move between products and areas.
- Good organisational skills and time management skills, multitasking where appropriate to be effective, efficient & productive.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Work in an orderly and methodical manner with good discipline and housekeeping.
- Able to read and interpret manufacturing drawings and works orders.
- Have a high level of H&S, use of PPE where appropriate.
Apply today with an up to date CV!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...