Autism and Complex Needs Teaching Assistant - Bolton | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Autism and Complex Needs Teaching Assistant
£70 - £80/day
Permanent (Full time)
Milk Education’s Manchester Primary Division is looking for enthusiastic Autism and Complex Needs Teaching Assistants to support primary-aged children in two special needs schools in Bolton. Both these schools cater for pupils with moderate, severe, and complex needs and also pupils on the Autistic Spectrum. The role will involve supporting children across all Primary Phases from Nursery up to Year 6.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large and lively school and be part of its future developments. The schools pride themselves on providing all staff with thorough and robust induction and regular CPD.
As a SENTA, you will already have experience and an understanding of additional needs such as Autism, ADHD, Complex Needs, PMLD, Global Development Delay, SEMH, Severe Learning Difficulties, Epilepsy, and more.
You will work under the guidance/instruction of a class teacher to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils, and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area under the guidance of the teaching staff. There will be no more than 10 children per class.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant you should:
- Have recent experience of SEN (School experience is desired but not essential – we will accept individuals from a support worker or care background )
- Be calm and patient, due to the complex needs of the children
- Be able to communicate effectively within a team
- Be available immediately for a minimum of 3 days per week and can commit to the working hours of am – pm (Mon-Fri)
- Have a good sense of humour – ESSENTIAL
- Be versatile and flexible
- Be comfortable in undertaking personal care if necessary
- Ideally have a DBS on the update service (or be willing to apply for one)
If interested in this position, please apply directly today or call Josh on (phone number removed).
There are immediate starts available from WC 26th April, so successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours and registrations will be conducted over a video platform this week and next week