Dispatch Operative - Shebbear | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Shebbear, Devon, England
Permanent (Full time)
Candidates required for our clients based in Highampton
Working under the direction of the Dispatch Supervisor, your main duty will be part of the team
involved in the wrapping and dispatch of our timber, timber products and components.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To ensure that all items are dispatched in accordance with Dispatch Schedules. Correct items are picked as per the schedule and the quality is checked before wrapping in the correct manner to minimise damages in transit and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Picking timber from the yard and warping along with gates and other large items that need to be dispatched with a courier service.
- Working to the schedules distributed by the Dispatch Supervisor and ensuring that all items are sent as per the schedule.
- Communicating any out of stock items to the Dispatch Supervisor immediately so they can inform Customer Services in order to inform the customer.
- Checking quality of timber that is picked before it's dispatched to ensure it is of a suitable quality with no defects.
For timber with any defects, these are removed from the yard and placed in the Reject section, relevant paperwork filled out and Dispatch Supervisor informed.
- Use of the wrapping machine once trained and the heat gun to ensure goods are adequately wrapped to eliminate or ensure there are minimal damages to goods in transit.
- Checking and completing any dispatch paperwork and handing back to the Dispatch Supervisor.
- If you are required to drive the telehandler then training will be given by a 3rd party provider before you are allowed to use the equipment and an assessment made of your capability.
- To ensure the Dispatch warehouse is kept tidy and free from trip/slip hazards.
Other Duties/Responsibilities :
Waste must be segregated and put into appropriate bins - General Waste, Recyclables - such as
cardboard and paper and waste timber put into the Timber Bin.
To undertake all duties to the best of your ability and to maintain a safe system of working at all times
in-line with our Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and checklists. You will be capable of working mainly un-supervised and have the ability to be self-motivated and self-organising.
Role will involve heavy lifting and lots of manual handling.
You will be issued with a company uniform consisting of Trousers, T Shirt, Hoodie or Sweatshirt and
Coat. You will also be issued with appropriate PPE - Safety Boots, Hi-Viz and Gloves.
It is your responsibility to look after your uniform and keep i t clean i n good condition. If your PPE needs replacing, it is your responsibility to request new from Management.
Long hair must be tied back and jewellery should not be worn - we strongly recommend removing finger rings or taping them to prevent accidents whilst working!