Health & Safety Field Advisor
Bodmin, Cornwall, England
Is your next role one where you can utilise your skills and experience to make sustainable and meaningful change?
We currently have a Health & Safety Field Advisor position available to join our team in Bodmin. You will be working with our teams throughout Cornwall, so if you enjoy working with different teams in different locations, then you will enjoy the variety that this role has to offer.
About the**Health & Safety Field Advisor**role:
The Health & Safety Field Advisor will offer expert knowledge and skills to generate and promote a positive Health & Safety culture with our teams working at our sites across Cornwall. By working closely with our teams, you will help to identify and control Occupational Health & Safety risks. And make recommendations to prevent recurrences.
Responsibilities as our**Health & Safety Field Advisor**include:
- Coaching and Supporting the field-based teams and line managers to ensure they understand their accountabilities and responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety
- Providing expert technical advice to field teams to support risk assessments and method statements
- Supporting and driving investigations into incidents (injuries, accidents, HiPos, near misses etc) to get to the root cause and identifying key activities that provide improvement opportunities at a specific and corporate level
- Supporting the business in the event of emergency situations, including fulfilling a role as part of the company's emergency response team
- Actively supporting improvements to the health of field-based teams, driving up occupational health surveillance and utilisation of wellbeing support and initiatives
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health & Safety legislation, Health and Safety Executive (HSE) documents and any developments that particularly affect the water industry
- Carrying out assurance and audit checks both planned and unplanned to confirm the application of standards and competencies of individuals to drive up positive behaviours and safe working
What we are looking for in our**Health & Safety Field Advisor**:
- NEBOSH National Certificate or equivalent level 3 qualification in Occupational Safety and Health
- Degree/NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 6 qualification in Occupational Safety and Health is desirable
- Experience in a specialist Health & Safety role advising a business on systems and processes
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively innovate and work well under pressure
- A great communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships
What's in it for you:
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us.
In return, we will offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Various health benefits
Be yourself, we like it that way.Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
South West Wateris part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
Closing date: Tuesday 7th December 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Health & Safety Field Advisor -we look forward to receiving your application.