IT - Project Manager - London
London Bridge, Greater London, England
£55k - 65k per year
IT Project Manager - London Based
Please note: You must be fully eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role, we do not accept ANY visas!
Job Type : Permanent Salary : Up to £65k Location: East Central London
- Head of Technology, CEO
Responsibilities and duties
In close collaboration with the CD, coordinate the work of all developers;
Assess the performance of in-house and outsourced developers;
Contribute to the assessment and appraisals of the in-house developers.
Work closely with the CD, the HoT and business to define technical and non-technical requirements for any given project such as target platform, security, interactive elements and other functionalities, as required;
Ensure that software platforms and systems are developed to the agreed specification, quality and timeframe;
Ensure company and industry standards and best practices for coding, design patterns, reuse and documentation are maintained and implemented;
Help with the maintenance of the group companies' SW platforms and tools;
Assist the HoT in making sure that back-ups and recovery plans are in place for SW platforms.
Be accountable for the software platform development plan to support the goals and objectives of the organization with efficient and robust software platforms;
Manage software projects in the organisation, both developed in-house and outsourced, with a rigorous approach and defining clear objectives and deadlines.
Knowledge and Experience
- Multi-year experience in managing software development projects;
- Demonstrable knowledge of common management tools;
- Familiarity with Prince2 methodology - Certification preferred;
- Experience in managing a small in-house software development team;
- Understanding of database design , applications, system integration and reporting technologies possibly based on the Microsoft.Net stack;
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles;
- Knowledge of project management;
- Knowledge of Insurance practices, Lloyd's and London Market systems and procedures, compliance and regulations will be beneficial.
- Have high attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a flexible approach to work
- Operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of overall team and business objectives
- Liaise with relevant areas and groups within the company and the group as appropriate for the role
- Where applicable, ensure that company-, market- and client-related documentation is issued (internally and externally) accurately and on time
- Comply with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and regulations
- Identify any internal and external issue that affects the organization and promptly inform the line-manager
- Undertake any other duties that the company may reasonably request to be performed
- Undertake professional and career-development training (delivered internally and externally), including the attainment of any related qualification, where required
- Degree (or similar) in computing or related subjects.
- Permanent full-time position
- Employees rewarding scheme
- Private pension scheme
- Medical Expenses Insurance
- Holidays accrual scheme
- Continuous Professional Development Plan
Sound interesting? Apply now!
For more information, please call Chloe on######### !
If this role isn't for you and you know someone who may be interested, please refer them to me as we offer up to £500 on our referral scheme!
Posted 43 days ago