Brake Press Setter
Birmingham - This Area Only
£13 - £13.50 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
Brake Press Setter
Immediate on going long term work
£13- £ per hour + overtime available
Are you an experienced Brake Press Setter Operator with a background in running Brake Press Machines? Easily accessible from the areas of Castle Brom, Shard End and Yardley, this is a long-term opportunity for candidates with a background in semi-skilled engineering or sheet metal work, is seeking two members of staff for an immediate start.
This is a large, successful manufacturing plant with an excellent reputation in producing sheet metal projects for the HVAC and construction industries. They are seeking somebody on a long-term basis, with plenty of opportunities to work overtime both throughout the week and during the weekend. The Brake Press Setter Operator must come with a minimum of 12 months experience in running and maintaining the machines, and will have at least a basic knowledge of technical drawings.
The Brake Press Setter Operator will be familiar with Edwards Pearson machinery / LVD or Amada programs.
Hour of work; 08:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday
Daily responsibilities will include:-
- Assisting with tool changes, setting up the machine and changing desired output
- Acting as a brake press setter operator or equivalent (may also be known as a folding machine or industrial folder) meeting strict production targets
- Reading technical drawings and fabricating parts in accordance with these
- Using hand measuring equipment including verniers and callipers in order to test the widths and angles of each completed components
- Storing completed parts based on batch numbers- therefore a good attention to detail is required
- Liaising with the rest of the machine shop to ensure that there is an accurate completion time assigned to each batch of orders
In turn, the company will offer the Brake Press Setter Operator a pay rate of £12 - £13 per hour based on whether you are a semi-skilled setter, or full setter/ maintenance person.
In order to be successful in this position all applicants must possess the following:
- Experience or knowledge of brake press or CNC processes
- Basic understanding of working with technical drawings
- Proven background in working to strict production targets
- Ability to use hand measuring equipment on a daily basis
- Ideally with a background in sheet metal work and handling steel and aluminium components
If you feel that you hold relevant experience for our Brake Press Setter Operator please click below to apply.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...