Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Spennymoor, County Durham, England
£40000 - £45000/annum + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is a long established and growing UK Engineering business with an international profile. They consistently make strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant and are an acknowledged leader in their field.
Due to continued growth our client is seeking to appoint a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to lead the engineering team in ensuring all processes and tooling are in place and at their most effective in order to efficiently deliver parts and products manufactured by the business.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead, motivate, communicate with, and develop the engineering team to maximise efficiency and effectiveness so as to achieve best performance in meeting company requirements.
* Evaluate manufacturing processes based on part / product requirements identifying the most efficient and robust method of manufacture.
* Liaise with manufacturing engineers and operational areas to ensure correct manufacturing data is issued for production.
* Organise and manage manufacturing workflows and resources.
* Design and install tooling and jigs.
* Develop and test effective automated and manual systems where necessary.
* Study production and machine requirements.
* Optimise facility layouts, production lines, machine operations.
* Resolve issues and delays in production.
* Find ways to reduce costs and maximise quality.
* Collaborate with other engineers, customers and suppliers.
* Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / related field.
* Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer or similar role.
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods and tool design.
* Excellent knowledge of design and visualisation software such as CAD/CAM, MS Office.
* Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques.
* Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations.
Details of Packages:
£40,000 to £45,000 (Depending on Experience) + Benefits
Hours: Mon-Thurs – , Friday – – Some flexibility is required