Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
£9.00 to £12.00 per hour
Unspecified (Full time)
Posting date: 16 November 2021
Salary: £9 to £12 per hour
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 16 December 2021
Location: Easingwold, Harrogate
Company: JustInTime Healthcare Services Limited
Job type: Contract
Job reference: JIT Healthcare
Health care assistant
Do you think you’re a good carer and can you look after patients who have difficulties with doing daily tasks? Then this job is for you!
• This job can develop your interpersonal skills as a person which builds confidence.
• There are many opportunities to progress in this industry as it's expanding constantly.
• When you work in healthcare you can advance to higher paid roles, for example, nursing.
• We have a variety of roles available, working either days, nights or both, so if you're looking for something flexible, this is a brilliant opportunity for you.
As recruitment specialists, Justintime Resourcing work with businesses to successfully hire Healthcare, Technology, Resourcing, logistics and production professional.
We have experience in search and selection, an exceptional industry network and a team of directors with first-hand relevant industry experience, we deliver candidates that meet our clients’ objectives – every time.
Recognised as a primary part of the healthcare sector, Care Assistants play a crucial role on being with someone that residents count on in every aspect of their day-to-day life. As a Health care Assistant, your main responsibility is to ensure that, whilst promoting a resident’s choices, their safety and wellbeing always remains a priority.
• Provide flexible support for the supported individuals when they need it in line with their personalised support plans, ensuring that the people we support are involved to the maximum, promoting independence, choice, dignity, and privacy.
• Provide support, including (but not limited to) help with personal care; budgeting; shopping; cleaning; cooking; laundry; engaging with social activities; assisting the person to maintain relationships with family and friends; being active in their community and assistance with medication, employment, or study.
• Understand and follow all the Service’s Care’s standards, policies, and procedures to keep the people we support healthy, safe, and well.
• Keep all relevant records up to date and private as directed by the line manager.
• Provide opportunities for the people we support to maximise their potential by helping them to develop both new and existing skills and abilities.
• Provide opportunities for the people we support to develop and maintain relationships and access the community in line with their wishes.
• Participate in their own development by actively engaging with learning and development process and opportunities including mandatory and best practice training opportunities.
What we look for in an candidate:
• A caring person naturally
• Ability to work under pressure
• Has a good understanding of safeguarding
• Good communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to clearly explain procedures and instructions.
• Level 2/3 health and social (preferred but not necessary)