Care Assistant - Chelmsford
Chelmsford, Essex, England
£10.00 to £10.80 per hour
Unspecified (Full time)
Posting date: 05 October 2021
Salary: £ to £ per hour
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 01 November 2021
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Company: Essex Cares Ltd
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: Care Assistant - Chelmsford
Care Assistant – (Social Care)
Salary: £10 - £ per hour depending on experience, paid travel time plus 45p per mile and lots more amazing benefits
Contract: Full time evenings and weekends
Shifts: 7am - 3pm, 4pm - 11pm, including weekends
Travel required around Mid Essex – Our service covers Burnham-on-Crouch, Halstead, Braintree, Chelmsford and surrounding areas. Full driving licence and own vehicle essential.
Do you have the passion to make a difference in your community?
Take the next step in your career and become a Care Assistant with the ECL team.
What we can offer you as a Care Assistant:
• £10 - £ per hour depending on experience plus paid travel time
• Competitive rate of pay in your local area
• Double pay on bank holidays
• Paid mileage at 45p per mile (up to 10,000 miles p/a)
• Guaranteed hours from the start of your employment
• Up to 24 days annual leave a year, plus bank holidays, rising with service
• Full paid induction and shadow training
• Ongoing training and career development paid for by us
• Lots of opportunity to progress
• Free enhanced DBS check
• Free uniform & PPE
• Free company smart phone
• Enhanced contributory pension scheme
• Annual salary reviews and performance bonus
• Healthcare support scheme
• Discounts on your favourite retail brands, restaurants, holidays and much more
• Referral scheme of £1000
To be considered as a Care Assistant, you need:
• A valid driving license and use of personal vehicle for work purposes
• To provide a high level of care and support to vulnerable people
• Exceptional listening and communication skills
• To possess an empathetic approach
• To be willing to provide personal care
• A proactive approach to work and be able to work on your own initiative
• To be able to work flexibly depending on the needs of the work environment
• To have a passion to make a positive difference to people’s lives; being considerate and supportive is a must
Previous experience in the care industry is not essential as full training will be provided.
To view the full job description for our Care Assistant role, please click here.
Come and join the team:
• Join the largest reablement provider in Essex
• Become a Care Assistant and support our customers in their own homes
• Play a key part in maximising our customers health, wellbeing, and independence to enhance their quality of life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We have a written policy on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders, which is available to view here.
We are proud to be part of the Disability Confident scheme which helps to employ, support and promote disabled people in the workplace.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.