Brake Systems Engineer - Godstone | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Brake Systems Engineer
Godstone, Surrey, England
Permanent (Full time)
Brake Systems Engineer
Location: Surrey, UK
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual experienced in Braking Systems in the Automotive industry looking for their next exciting career move within a world-leading company. You will be responsible for all aspects of brakes system across vehicle programmes (pedal assembly, booster, reservoir, pipes, callipers, discs, pads, parking brake system).
The client is not only a household name but one of the most renowned and highly respected companies in the automotive industry to date. You will play a major part their future planning and programs while having a wealth of further progression opportunities for your career as you become an expert in your field.
- With the Chassis Systems Manager, lead the design and development of components and systems to ensure optimised vehicle performance and delivery of vehicle attributes
- Development of new brake technologies with suppliers for implementation of future projects and platforms
- BOM definition and management including leading cost reduction initiatives to deliver Function Group BOM glide path targets and leading weight reduction initiatives to deliver Function Group weight targets
- Assessment of braking and vehicle performance and correlation with objective parameters
- Establish and control system and component, design, release, development and validation plans in association with functional experts and in line with technical risk management processes
- Establish and control supply chain in association with function group buyers to ensure delivery of components and systems on schedule for all phases of prototype, pilot, pre-production and production build
- Define and execute DVP to validate the system performance from a component and attribute perspective
- Ensure manufacturability and compliance with quality standards of all components and systems within the defined BOM through interface with manufacturing site and suppliers
- Review and manage the opening and closure of engineering concerns
- Respond to requests for information or specification change with assessment of risk and cost
- Control DFM and FMEA as required
What are they looking for?
- 3-7 years' experience in direct OEM or Tier1 Brake Systems experience
- Proved experience of automotive design and development
- Excellent systems design and development knowledge
- Simulation and data analysis using Matlab/Simulink tools
- Experience in component release management and problem solving
- Experience of high and niche vehicle (low volume) programs
- Familiar to CAD CATIA v5
- First-hand experience of brake actuation systems development for highly hybridized vehicles
- Mechanical or Automotive Engineering Degree
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not able to get back to everyone who applies. Therefore if you have not heard back from Jefferson Wells within 7 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful however we will contact you if suitable roles come up that match your skill set.