Practice Manager - Ingatestone | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Practice Manager - Social Work
Ingatestone, Essex, England
43680.0000 - 46080.0000
Permanent (Full time)
As an Ofsted Rated Outstanding Independent Fostering Provider, Affinity are excited to announce that in line with company growth and development, an additional role of Practice Manager has been made available. The Practice Manager is the first line of Social Work management in the company, sitting above the Supervising Social Workers and the Senior Supervising Social Workers, and below the company's Registered Manager. It is an exciting primarily field-based role involving line management and support for Supervising Social Workers and their practices, developing and continuing to improve the company through service developments and initiatives, and working closely with the Registered Manager, the Head of Business Services and the company Directors.
Practice Manager - Fostering
Responsible to: Responsible Individual/Registered Manager /Directors of Affinity
Job Summary: To ensure the continued outstanding practice and business performance of Affinity Fostering Services Ltd.
Location: Field / North Wing Offices, Ingatestone Hall, Hall Lane, Ingatestone, Essex, CM4 9NR
First-line management responsibility for the Fostering Team with additional Practice Manager responsibilities, including Supervising Social Workers, overseeing the Supervision and Support of Foster Carers and those working directly with children and young people cared for by Affinity.
The Practice Manager is primarily concerned with ensuring quality standards are achieved throughout the organisation.
The Practice Manager will be accountable to the Registered Manager for the effective management and development of Affinity Fostering, which includes;
- Direct responsibility for the Social Work Team ensuring all requirements as per National Minimum Standards and OFSTED are achieved and excelled.
- Allocation of resources and overall joint responsibility for the performance and practice of the Team.
- Ensuring all work undertaken complies with Affinity’s policies and procedures and that statutory obligations are met.
The Practice Manager’s primary responsibility is for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children / young people/adults at risk who they are responsible for, or whom they encounter.
- ensure deployment of staff and resources allow Affinity to maintain an effective and efficient service in accordance with statutory and organisational policy, practice and guidelines.
- take delegated responsibility for implementing standards and priorities, to contribute to the planning and review of processes and systems, including policies to maintain quality standards.
- contribute to the effective management of Affinity and be jointly responsible for allocating and prioritising work to the team. Taking appropriate decisions in consultation with the Registered Manager to meet objectives.
- ensure effective coordination of resources provided by Affinity to ensure effective care and efficient use of finances produce positive outcomes.
- contribute to the Senior Management Team in reviewing and developing the service. Undertake projects and other pieces of work in achieving this aim.
- identify and participate in development activities and attend regular meetings with the Senior Management Team.
- contribute to decision-making that affects the day-to-day delivery of the service within the organisation.
- in discussion with the Registered Manager, manage any initial complaints to level one
- sit as Panel Advisor on Panel Meetings considering Form F Applications, Annual Household Reviews, and other matters.
- ensuring all records, plans and procedures and any other data are kept up-to-date within the Company’s bespoke Fostering CHARMS Database record management system.
- work collaboratively with the Head of Business Services to ensure the confidentiality of client information in respect of the Data Protection Act, specifically ensuring compliance with the GDPR Regulations 2018, and Affinity Policies and Protocols.
- To ensure that Affinity Fostering complies with all legislation that regulates the agency.
- promote positive relationships between Affinity Fostering, service users and all professional bodies and supporting agencies.
- To have contributory responsibility for the efficient management of finances to ensure compliance with all financial regulations.
- To contribute to the effective management of staff including recruitment, selection and induction of new team members. Joint Assignment of work, prioritisation and allocation of resources and overall deployment of staff to meet current requirements. Monitoring staff performance and identifying and ensuring development needs are recognised and responded to. Managing staff matters in the first instance and reporting issues and actions to the Registered Manager and HR Manager. . discipline grievance, and capability procedures. Coordinating leave and training arrangements within the team to ensure that the continuity of service can be maintained.
- To monitor and ensure the effective use of communication systems including IT systems are shared with the Head of Business Services who has overall responsibility for maintaining the infrastructure of the organisation.