Senior Planner - West Heath | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
West Heath, Birmingham, England
£45000 - £65000/annum + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Major, multi-disciplined Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor who operate within the Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for experienced Senior Planner, to join their Civil Engineering team.
You will work within a multidisciplinary Civil Engineering Team, who collectively have the responsibility to deliver major programmes of work, delivering multiple projects in the region of £20 Million to £100+ Million.
* Creating, developing and updating resource programmes of work for site teams / allocated projects
* Provide and maintain a robust plan of works, motivating the core delivery team to deliver programmes of work/project on time and in alignment with the agreed delivery strategy.
* Creating programmes of work to NEC3/NEC4 and JCT contract requirements.
* Programme planning and management of programmes, across Tender, Bids and Live stages.
* Providing challenge to the delivery team, in relation to project performance.
* Ensuring planning practices and standards are consistent across each individual project.
* Development of robust delivery plans and understanding constraints and sequences.
* Providing intelligence on project delivery, to facilitate better decision making.
* Producing project reports, including identification of project risks and opportunities.
* Being responsible for the implementation of joint venture planning policies and procedures, where required, as defined by the Planning Manager.
* Being responsible for the production and look ahead meeting / process, to ensure it is robustly and consistently applied across all projects.
* Using a collaborative approach, creating and maintaining robust resource & cost loaded plans for all projects in the programme.
* Pro-actively producing 'what-if' scenarios, to identify delivery improvement opportunities or the development of mitigation plans.
* Resourcing load plans, in collaboration with the lead disciplines to provide programme wide visibility of resource demand.
* Ensuring the importance of the critical path activities and the sensitivity of other activities are communicated to the relevant stakeholders and these are being acted on by the delivery team.
* Previous experience working as a Planner within the Civil Engineering and Infrastructure sector, on projects circa £20 Million to £100+ Million in value.
* 'On site' background, being able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of construction buildability.
* Worked on large scale Infrastructure projects, such as Highways, Earthworks, Structures and Rail schemes.
* Experience using Primavera P6 or ASTA Powerproject to plan and programme work.
* A competent knowledge of various forms of contract including NEC3 and JCT.
* Effective communication and organisation skills.
Package & Benefits:
Salary £45k - £65k - depending on experience
15% bonus + Car/Allowance + Pension
Home working as part of working week (2 days) depending on requirements of site tenders.
Apply now or get in touch