Taunton, Somerset, England
25000.0000 - 32000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client and recruiting for a permanent Interior Designer (Full or Part-Time)based in Taunton, Somerset.Joining a highly respected commercial interior design company, your career will be in excellent hands. This standout commercial interior design & building contractor are looking to hire an Interior Designer due to business expansion in the South West! Ideally, we seek someone with two years of experience as an Interior Designer and a good knowledge and understanding of the construction or fit-out industries!
The standard working hours are - Monday to Friday, the role could be worked as four days if part-time is the preference! The annual salary is £25,000 - £32,000 PA, depending on experience.
We are looking for artistic, detail-oriented candidates with good interpersonal skills for the position of interior designer. The interior designer's key responsibilities include visualizing and sketching design plans as per client goals, sourcing products and materials, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met. You will also be expected to comply with the regulatory environment around inspections and building codes.
Good interior designers can think creatively about the use of space, colour and movement and will draw on other artistic mediums for creative inspiration. They will also be effective communicators with the ability to persuade in communicating a design idea.
- Outline client design objectives.
- Conceptualize and sketch design plans.
- Determine cost of completion and project requirements in the budgeting phase.
- Set a timeline for the completion of an interior design project.
- Source materials and products included in plans.
- Create 'mood boards' to sample your design vision.
- Utilize computer applications in the design process.
- Inspect design after completion to determine whether client goals have been met.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Bachelor's degree in interior design or related field.
- Portfolio of design work.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with computational design.
- Highly creative, imaginative and artistic.
- Excellent communication skills, especially regarding communicating an artistic vision.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, SketchUp or similar design software.
In return, you will benefit from:
- Twenty days holiday per annum + bank holidays.
- Company Pension.
- Parking onsite.
- Salary reviews.
- Career progression.
- The closing date is 20th December 2021.
To Apply: Please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on or email your CV to Rebecca. If you have the transferable skills required Rebecca will get in touch with more information and discuss this with you confidentially within 48 hours.