Utility Surveyor - Nottingham | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
Home Based/Remote working
Salary £24,000 - £35,000 (.E) + Company Vehicle + benefits
Our client are specialists within the utilities detection industry who specialise within multi-disciplined underground utility detection and design across the infrastructure sector supplying their clients with high quality surveys.
The Utility Surveyor is responsible for utility surveying, data collection and reporting. The Utility Surveyor will be required to undertake utility surveys using multiple techniques whilst maintaining safe working practices to provide high quality survey data, following surveying processes and specifications with accuracy. The Utility Surveyor will be required to deliver survey outcomes within the specified timescales and budgetary expectations.
The role is predominately a field-based role working from a local office with days spent at the office as required. Night shifts and weekend shifts may be required. Travelling and working away from home may also be required.
As a Utility Surveyor you will undertake part or parts of the following tasks (this list is not exhaustive):
- Obtain brief prior to each survey to ensure correct and complete survey results are obtained in line with client specifications.
- Responsible for the collection and reporting of utility survey data on site, along with appropriate software packages to produce required client outputs or data to be added to other schemes.
- Employ associated industry guidelines and client specifications.
- Lead and work effectively with Assistant Surveyors.
- Work with other surveyors to provide the survey reports to the required standard, format and output, within the required timescales.
- Maintain effective communication between clients, main contractors and supply chain.
- Produce and maintain reports, spreadsheets and databases where necessary to facilitate the above tasks.
- Follow Risk Assessment and Method Statements. Follow Health and Safety reporting guidelines.
- Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to whilst on site – such as: Health & Safety, NRSWA, CDM etc.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles as required to ensure they are always available.
- You may also be required to undertake duties within other areas of the company as and when required.
- Minimum of 2 years utility surveying or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 level 2 qualifications ., GCSE’s including Maths & English.
- Conversant in the use of surveying equipment (EML, GPR, & GPS).
- Experience in delivering PAS128 surveys.
- Good IT skills including competency in the Microsoft Office software suite.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly.
- Suitable level 6 qualification ., degree within related field.
- Experience of utility surveying in the utilities and construction.
- Experience using AutoCAD.
- Conversant in the use of surveying equipment (Laser scanner, GPS, Total Station, Leveller).
- CSCS Card.
- NRSWA Certified.
- Annual leave entitlement increases with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Company funded Private Health Care
- Company funded Gym Membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Medicash – Health Care Cash Scheme – also offers retail discounts.
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the high technology engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website for our latest roles and news