Project Manager - Abingdon | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Would you like to be part of finding the solution to the future to carbon neutral energy production?
We are researching all aspects of nuclear fusion, effectivley replication the same principle that the sun uses to produce energy, this is carbon neutral and considerably safer than Fission nuclear reactors.
We are recruiting for two Project manager with a engineering background to assist on some of our programmes.
The Programme and Projects Management Office provides the stable of Project Managers taking the majority of projects forward for the organisation, as well as project planning, costing and process governance. This post is for Project Manager within the PPMO to lead projects, to be deployed initially within STEP.
PPMO Project Management roles are varied and projects can involve the sustainment and enhancement of the two world class fusion devices on site, as well as developing new facilities and capabilities that advance enabling technologies for the international market in fusion development. The PPMO also provide project Managers to support projects ranging from business development through to leading the STEP Programme. These projects embody our mission to develop nuclear fusion as a source of energy generation, demonstrating the technology with a view to it ultimately becoming commercialised.
The main responsibilities of the PM role are:
* Maintaining oversight of projects, particularly estimate collation, planning, cost forecast and monitoring, overall execution strategy delivery.
* Providing management of project(s) of budgets of typical project expenditure £-5M pa
* The effective deployment of project resources, through clear definition of roles and responsibilities, working methods and the sequencing of tasks
* To evaluate and present decisions that secure the benefits the project is tasked to deliver
* Resolving obstacles to strategy delivery and leading the identification and employment of creative solutions to overcoming them
* Work with the Project Sponsor to develop a Project Management Plan that defines how the project will be delivered, and energise the team to deliver in line with this throughout the project life.
* Overseeing effective communication within the project and assist the sponsor through interactions with stakeholders, defining the project milestones and deliverables.
* Managing project document development for a project lifecycle in compliance with the UKAEA's Quality Assurance requirements.
* Ensuring all project activities are undertaken in a systematic manner with a Systems Engineering approach at the core of the technical solution to project objectives.
* Reporting of progress against milestones, changes, exceptions, budgets and other key performance indicators.
* Ensuring that the project SHE culture and working practices are in alignment with the UKAEA requirements.
* Liaising with other Groups and Departments to ensure effective co-ordination and collaboration across interfaces and competing demands.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants