Maenclochog, Pembrokeshire, Wales
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Job Reference: 2827/MD
Hourly Rate: £
Hours Offered: up to 23 per week
Work Pattern: Over 6 days to be confirmed.
Reporting to: The Direct Payments Recipient or their representative (The Direct Payments Recipient is the employer and they hold all the employers responsibilities associated with this role. Pembrokeshire County Council supports them to fulfil their employer obligations).
The family of an older lady with learning disabilities and other health issues are looking for PA support to enable her to return home.
This post is funded through the Direct Payments scheme, which aims to enable the client and her family to manage her care needs independently.
The main duties to be included within this role are:
• Providing for the Personal Care needs of the lady, such as washing and toileting
• Enabling the lady to interact socially in their community
• Providing support to the lady whilst shopping and attending activities of interest
• To provide companionship in the lady’s home, including engaging in conversation with the lady and providing them with social interaction
• Encouraging the lady to attend appointments
• Ensuring the lady’s safety at all times during your working hours
• To carry out any other reasonable tasks that may be requested by the employer during your working hours
• Be mindful of safeguarding issues, and feedback any concerns to the relevant authority
• Be responsible for contacting the GP, Social Worker or Local Authority should the lady need medical assistance
The client is looking for a personal assistant that fits the following person specification:
• Caring and patient
• Responsible and honest
• Proactive and self-motivated
• Has good local knowledge
• Good time-keeping and flexibility around working patterns and duties
• Good communicator
• Able to develop a supportive and consistent relationship
A full, clean driving licence and use of a car is required.
You must have business use on your vehicle insurance to be able to use the vehicle within work hours.
weeks holiday per year (pro rata)
Sick pay at SSP rate
Training provided, if required.
Please note that this vacancy is not for employment with Pembrokeshire County Council. Pembrokeshire County Council has posted this advert on behalf of a Direct Payments client. The client will be the employer and holds all the employers responsibilities associated with this role. Pembrokeshire County Council cannot be held responsible for any actions arising out of the job role being advertised.
Safeguarding and protecting children and adults at risk is of high importance, and is everybody’s business. If you have any concerns around the safeguarding of an individual, you should contact the Local Authority as soon as possible.
This appointment is subject to a DBS disclosure check, at no cost to the applicant.
We would recommend that there is a DBS update service. Being on this service will enable you to speed up any future job applications for personal assistant roles. Please note that there is a charge of £ per year applicable to this service.
We request that all applicants submit online applications. If you are unable to do this, please contact the Recruitment Administrator as early as possible on######### or#########
Additionally, if you have any further needs or require any further support in the recruitment process please get in touch on######### or######### or by emailing ######.uk