Financial Controller (Director Designate) - Beighton | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Financial Controller (Director Designate)
Beighton, Sheffield, England
£30000 - £55000/annum Share options available
Permanent (Full time)
About the company: My client is an ambitious SME in the IT and Telecoms sector. This is a great time to join this growing business, influence it’s direction and progress to Finance Director in the short/medium term.
About the role: This owner managed business is looking to develop their financial strategy, to implement robust controls and improve efficiencies. They want to increase turnover but more importantly profit margins, giving the incoming FD the opportunity to get hands on with both the financial and operational aspects of the company. With that in mind, demonstrable commercial and operational experience and is a must have. The role will still be heavily hands-on with line management and financial reporting responsibilities, so necessary qualifications are a given.
* Hands on with experience in an owner managed business.
* You will be competitive and goal oriented.
* A natural manager of people and projects.
* Driving and energetic in nature you have a strong sense of urgency and work well under pressure.
* Good with detail, you are logical and highly analytical.
* Innovative with strong problem solving skills
* Work with staff across the organisation to develop effective models for costing products and services and for developing bids.
* Ensure the SLT receive accurate and meaningful financial reports including management accounts, forecasts, cashflows, and budget reports that offers key commercial insight into the performance of the business.
* Provide guidance, financial planning and strategy.
* Developing and implementing accounting policies and efficiencies.
* Manage and maintain relationships with service providers and financial partners.
* Responsibility for all VAT and Corporation Tax matters.
* Oversee and manage a small team responsible for sales ledger, purchase ledger, invoicing and PAYE
* Some HR related
* Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
* Expert Technical knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and application.
* Have excellent Excel skills.
* Ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
* Project Management
* Strategic Financial Management
* Growth Strategies
* Reporting and presentation skills