Registered Nurse - Acute
Permanent (Full time)
*Could you bring your valued experience as a Registered Nurse to support patients at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust?*
Here at NHS Professionals, we're with you. When you want to work. How you want to work. Supporting your lifestyle.
*Who are we looking for?*
We are looking for experienced Acute Registered Nurses to join the NHS Professionals staff bank, to support a wide range of flexible shifts covering days, nights, and weekends.
*A little about the Trust*
University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, rated 'Good' in their most recent CQC report, provides a wide range of services including specialist services in neuroscience, oncology, maternity, cardiac services, and paediatrics for people across Southampton, south Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, and the Channel Islands. As one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country and a major hub for research, the Trust provides high-quality care to more than million people.
Southampton has many of its own benefits, including numerous sports and leisure venues, theatres, parks, and great transport links to London and the rest of the south, including the beautiful New Forest. On-site nursery facilities and subsidised restaurants are also available for staff.
Popular shift patterns are available, such as - and - , but our Trusts are open to different start/finish times and lines of work (. short-shifts during school hours).
*Pay Rates\: \
Days: £ per hour
Saturdays/Nights: £ per hour
Sunday/Bank Hols: £ per hour
\*Pay rates may vary depending on Trust, experience, any incentives that are running, and are subject to change.
*Supporting our NHS*
Not only are we with you, but we're also helping to support our NHS. As winter draws ever closer, demand for additional support in our NHS is increasing. Everyone's efforts are truly appreciated, whether you can work a small number of shifts or longer-term block bookings, we have a wide range of shifts through the bank available to suit you.
*What will be your main responsibilities?*
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the following:
* Assessing and monitoring patient conditions
* Checking symptoms and vital signs and arranging diagnostic tests
* Plan, deliver and evaluate standards of evidence-based nursing care
* Administering intravenous drips or different types of medication
* Recognising deterioration in the physical or mental condition of a patient and taking appropriate action / escalation
* Recognising, responding to, and managing emergency situations
* Checking and using specialised equipment such as monitors and ventilators
* Displaying excellent analytical ability and sound decision making in changing clinical situations
* Recognising limitations and escalating concerns
* Assisting in the development of new staff, students, and colleagues
* Working as an effective team member and promoting team and interdisciplinary relationships
*To apply for this post, you will/have: *
* A minimum of 6 months paid experience in an Acute hospital environment within the last 2 years
* Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices
* Undertake nursing assessment and evaluation to enable development of appropriate plans of care based on the needs of the individual
* Be able to work under own initiative and without direct supervision
* Be proficient in the delivery of care to patients
* Ensure safe administration of drugs in accordance with NMC and CHS policies
* Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines
* Carry out nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and standards
* Undertake regular mandatory training\*
\*Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
In return for your hard work and commitment, NHS Professionals (NHSP) offers you some fantastic benefits:
* *Competitive pay rates* - work this week, get paid next week!
* *First choice of shifts or placements at your Trust* - access before they are made available to agency
* *Varied working options to suit your lifestyle *- access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or fixed term placements
* *Training and development opportunities*
* *Build holiday allowance for every shift you work*
* *Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go* - access your "My Bank" shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
* *Essential support when you need it - 24/7 365 days - *Call us anytime
* *Stakeholder pension scheme available*
*Who are NHS Professionals?*
We are owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), running England's largest NHS staff bank, with over 50 client Trusts. We specialise in flexible working, which means giving our members greater access to shifts, in line with their qualifications and training. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
Right now, we have members across England registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS millions each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS to provide better patient care.
By joining us today, you can start looking forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in a number of wards or areas.
_Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion._
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £-£ per hour
* Company pension
* Flexible schedule
* Do you have a minimum of 6 months paid experience as a Registered Nurse in an Acute hospital environment within the last 2 years?
* NMC (required)