Learning Support Assistant in Southampton
£9 - £12 per hour
THINKING ABOUT WORKING WITHIN EDUCATION? WOULD YOU LIKE A CHALLENGING BUT REWARDING ROLE AS A TEACHING ASSISTANT IN SPECIAL NEEDS SCHOOLS AROUND SOUTHAMPTON?
- Support pupils to make good academic progress, under the direction of the teacher.
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
- Under the direction of a teacher, implement group or 1:1 sessions to support pupils who have Moderate to Severe Special Needs to include emotional, learning and physical difficulties.
- Ensure the pupils learn and develop in accordance with their individual Educational Healthcare Plans.
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils, acting as a role model.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Assist in implementing education plans, under the guidance of the teacher.
Support for Teachers:
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils' work.
- Use strategies, under the direction of the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals.
- Discuss with the teacher how learning activities are to be organised and what their own support role will be.
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record and feedback to the teacher as directed.
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested.
Support for the Curriculum:
- Support pupils to understand instructions.
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities, adjusting activities according to pupil responses.
- Support pupils' learning, either individually or in small groups inside or outside the classroom as directed by the teacher.
A minimum of a C grade in GCSE Maths and English
Degree, diploma or other recognised professional qualification in a relevant area is desirable.
- Good organisational skills.
- Flexibility to deal with a variety of situations.
- Resilient and confident working with pupils who have various levels of needs.
- Previous similar experience working in a school, or in a healthcare environment.
- Qualification relevant to the role.
- Experience with Makaton and/or Team Teach.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to alex.strudwick @teachingpersonnel.com (mailto:) or give me a call on######### for more information!
Posted 10 days ago