Assistant Accountant (VAT and Purchase Ledger)
Our client is looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant. Working in a large corporate environment in a Finance Department of 40 within a varied role.
Working within a smaller team of 3 reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for duties as follows:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly & annual VAT and other regulatory returns.
- Reviewing PL VAT postings throughout the period, correcting as required and feeding back errors to purchase ledger team.
- Provide support and cover for other members of the purchase ledger and VAT team.
- Gain in depth knowledge and understanding of purchase ledger and VAT processes, with a view to suggesting improvements.
- Updating department procedure documents, ensuring all are up to date, in the correct company format, and identifying any areas where procedures are missing.
- Production of supplier payment reporting for Companies House, and internal monthly updates to identify where improvements to processes are necessary.
- Adhoc MIS Report Testing.
- Other tasks as and when required.
- You will ideally be AAT qualified and have an interest in / have already begun CIMA or ACCA
- Excellent Excel skills including use of formula and pivot tables.
- Used to working with high volumes of data.
- VAT return experience is key and overseas VAT would be beneficial.
- Attention to detail
- Confident individual who shows initiative and selfmotivation.
- Challenges the status quo, and a tenacious drive to understand and solve queries.
- Innate curiosity in all aspects of the operation.
- Strong numeric and analytical skills.
- Ability to deliver to tight reporting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to work with, influence, and build relationships with people across all functions and levels within the organisation.
- Able to identify where processes can be improved, either within the individuals control or outside, and implement improvements.
Hours:Monday to Friday, 8.30am 5.00pm
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
Posted 20 days ago