Mental Health Nurse
South Shields, Tyne and Wear
£18 - £22 per hour
Are you a Mental Health Nurse who wants a 95 role with no unsociable hours? Have you always wanted to work within NHS Community Mental Health Teams but struggled to find a way into that kind of role? If so, read on! We have a role that will suit you in South Tyneside.
A Community Mental Health team in South Tyneside are seeking a Mental Health Nurse with no prior experience working within the field, to join their team to help with a waiting list initiative.
This is a great opportunity for a Mental Health Nurse to make the transition from working in the private sector (i.e. nursing homes or acute wards) to NHS community work.
The role will involve being part of a dedicated communitybased team, dealing specifically with NonPsychosis clients, or Affective Disorders. The role will involve carrying out shortterm interventions with clients who are currently on the waiting list of the service. The successful nurse will carry out episodic treatment with these individuals (CBT, stabilisation and trauma work) before discharging the patients back to the care of their GPs.
The benefits of this role include:
- Reestablishing your work life balance by working Monday to Friday, 9am5pm (part time is considered too)
- 6 months guaranteed contract with strong possibility of permanent work, as well as other agency contracts available
- Excellent pay rate of up to £22.00 per hour
Benefits of working as a Mental Health Nurse:
- Competitive pay rates of up to £22.00 per hour.
- Working for a Community Mental Health specialist agency
- An unlimited referrals incentive, giving you a £300 voucher for every nurse you refer to us
- A free and full range of mandatory training, including safeguarding, infection control etc.
- Support and training in association with RCN on need to know topics, such as NMC revalidation
- One committed and dedicated point of contact
As a Mental Health Nurse within this CMHT, you will be responsible for:
- Working with a caseload of patients within non psychoses pathway.
- Working with affective disorders
- Completing CBT and therapeutic interventions, stabilisation and trauma work.
- Meeting with patients in their own home.
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate:
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (all backgrounds considered).
- An understanding of episodic care.
- Valid NMC registration
- Ability to work well as part of a team and take the lead when needed.
Randstad Care is a specialist nursing recruitment agency. Our specialist Nursing consultants work with NHS and private sector teams across England. Whether you are looking for an interim or permanent post close to home, or nationally, we are able to assist you with a dedicated point of contact to provide support and guidance.
Do you know a Nurse looking for a new role? If so, We offer a fantastic refer a friend scheme, where you could receive £300 in vouchers for every nurse you refer to us who we place, subject to Ts and Cs.
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss any of the other opportunities we have available please contact Ashleigh on ######### , or click Apply below.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
Posted 11 days ago