Electrical Operative - Dudley Hill | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Dudley Hill, Bradford, England
Temporary (Full time)
£15 per hour umbrella
What is the purpose of this role?
We are working for Bradford Metropolitan District Council to upgrade street lighting and help Bradford to develop as a smart city. We will provide services to survey the 56,500 street lighting assets, provide design for 53,700 units and replace 48,300 existing street lights with energy efficient LED luminaires. As part of the overall scope there will also be approximately 17,000 lighting column replacements and 7500 concrete lighting columns fitted with steel sleeves.
In this key role you will carry out all aspects of electrical installation and maintenance works across the street lighting network.
What will this role involve?
* Assist in the electrical testing of street lighting apparatus and cables.
* Install electrical equipment including LED lanterns.
* Excavate holes for foundations.
* Completion of required electrical test sheets and work records.
* Working at heights of up to 12 metres.
* High demand for physical tasks including digging.
* Provide support to other Amey contracts as required.
* The job requires regular contact with Statutory Undertakers’ operatives and members of the public.
* Responsibility for the security of plant, tools and materials, safe use of vehicles and for wearing all PPE.
* Responsible for your own health and safety and that of the public.
* Responsible for achieving own performance targets, adhering to Amey Values.
* Working outdoors in an environment of varying weather and temperatures.
* Attendance at regular tool box talks and all required training.
* Any other tasks as required / necessary commensurate with the role.
* There will be a requirement to work some unsociable hours and overtime.
What are we looking for?
* Full UK driving licence
* Must be able to work outdoors in challenging weather conditions
* Experienced working with electrical installations within the public realm & highways
* Experience with limited access excavation / groundworks within the public realm & highways
* Have experience with backfilling / reinstatement within the public realm & highways
* City & Guilds Level 2 or equivalent in Electrical Installation
* Have relevant CSCS / ECS Card
* Able to produce electronic reports / site diary as required
* Experience of working on street lighting projects desirable
APPLY NOW FOR AN IMEDIATE START