Opensource Integration Engineer - South Fawley | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Opensource Integration Engineer
South Fawley, West Berkshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Job Description Opensource Integration Engineer Position Description If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there's a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help.
Any additional information you require for this job can be found in the below text - make sure to read thoroughly, then apply.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone.
When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people's lives, you can be sure we'll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee.
You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer.
Be a successful part of our story and we'll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
All successful applicants must hold, or be eligible & willing to obtain, UK SC clearance with the view to progressing to higher level clearance if required.
Your future duties and responsibilities If you are interested in technology integration (as opposed to developing from the ground up), rapid prototyping, regular demonstration of completed work, creating sustainable systems, and thinking ahead but not over complicating for today, this role will suit you.
Specifically you would be involved in tasks such as the following:
- GNU/Linux software customisation, configuration and integration
- Hadoop customisation and API integration and its configuration with Ansible and Ambari
- Implementation of bespoke NiFi processors using Java and integration with commercial security software
- Ansible deployment automation of software, upgrades and Linux configuration
- Robot Framework and Selenium based test automation for post-build and post-deploy health checks
- Bug and technical debt triage, trouble shooting and resolution
- Production environment change back-porting to our Git repository
- Enhancement of our Bamboo based build and continuous integration processes
- System performance analysis and improvement of multiple, high spec large clusters
- Third line support of production environments with our system administrators
- Review, elaboration and accurate estimation of new requirements with our Product Owner
- Estimation and commitment, as a team, to deliver tested work every 2 weeks
- Development of work following strict ways of working, standards and levels of quality
- Regular presentation of progress and completed work to the team and the customer
- Stay up to date by following industry developments and be active in the Open Source community
- A drive to meet your personal objectives which are aligned to the business plan for the financial year
- Investment in your own skills development with support from the team and wider organisation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role We're expanding our team of Open Source Integration Engineers, at all levels of career experience and would consider graduates with a science related degree (including practical computer programming experience) through to skilled software integration and DevOps professionals.
You will need to show:
- Demonstrable experience in at least one of: RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
- Familiarity with the following core tools: git, ssh, Unix command line, browsers, Bash And it will be desirable for you to have:
- Deep Linux experience
- ., can describe SELinux, chroot, ssh tunnelling, differences between Linux distributions
- Linux experience as a deployment platform and day to day development environment
- ., can describe package management, networking configuration, log files, environment variables
- Experience of "starting from scratch" and building on top of existing systems
- Web development and awareness of vulnerabilities and how to defend against them
- Experience of test driven development and automated testing of web applications
- Networking familiarity
- ., can describe HTTP protocol, TCP/IP
- Experience of Hadoop or distributed computation
- Experience of automating software deployment
- Experience of network engineering including switches, taps and firewalls and pcap analysis
- Awareness of system and network security principles such as system hardening, log analysis or IDS/IPS Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
LI-JSCGI Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business.
As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals.
As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.