Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Stevenage | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
£55000.00 - £55000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Infrastructure Engineer Circa £55,000 per annum Fixed Term until April 2023 Stevenage, Hertfordshire We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the IET family We are the IET and we inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world.
Find out more about this role by reading the information below, then apply to be considered.
As a diverse home across engineering and technology, we share knowledge that helps make better sense of the world in order to solve the challenges that matter.
It’s why we are uniquely placed to champion engineering.
What you’ll be doing Within its final stages of delivery, our Know Your Customer Project is introducing a new hybrid Dynamics 365 and Azure platform.
In this role you will work alongside internal and external stakeholders to bring this to life.
You’ll be responsible for the setup, operation and maintenance of platforms, servers and networks that support the project.
You’ll also maintain the reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure.
What we hope you can bring to the role You’ll have strong experience of Dynamics 365 and its integration with Active Directory and Office 365 as well as demonstrable experience of configuring, deploying, managing and maintaining and growing cloud environment (Azure).
As an excellent communicator, with exceptional team working and interpersonal skills you’ll work collaboratively with IT and project teams as well liaising regularly with third party suppliers.
Take a look at the day to day responsibilities and key skills below.
If you feel you have experience in a number of these areas please send us your CV for consideration.
We are also open to discussing flexible ways of working, including reduced hours and working in an agile way.
If you are keen to join the IET Family, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
A little more about the role · Owns, maintains, monitors and supports the KYC environment and/or facilities, ensuring the system is secure, performant, highly available and cost effective.
· Work closely with our partner(s) to deliver a system that meets the needs of the project and the IET · Acts as the technical liaison between internal stakeholders providing critical operational insight to implementations, strategies, and validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
· Work with the Agile sprint planning tool to manage workloads and plan short term future works.
· Ensure requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards.
· Ensures system security, working with internal ISO or third parties as necessary.
A little more about what we’re looking for • Strong experience of configuring, deploying, managing and maintaining a high performing and growing cloud environment with Azure.
• Strong ability to liaise and negotiate agreeable solutions with third party suppliers • A keen eye for detail in technical setup and cost management.
• Strong experience building, managing, and maintaining Windows server environments.
• Strong experience in Microsoft SQL.
• Strong experience of using Office 365 in a corporate environment.
• Strong experience of Dynamics 365 and its integration with Active Directory, and Office 365.
• Understanding of Local and Wide Area Networks with experience of switches, routers and firewalls • Practical experience of virtual environment management and optimisation of servers • A good understanding of TCP/IP, IP subnetting, DNS and AD.
• Experience in setting up and managing system health and monitoring tools .
SolarWinds • An understanding/experience of the ITIL methodology and working in an ITIL environment.
• An understanding of Agile Scrum methodology • Jira experience • A logical approach to problem solving • The ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels • Excellent collaboration and team working skills • Good time management skills The IET is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.