Effingham, Surrey, England
Permanent (Full time)
Locations: Smallfield Nr. Horley, Caterham and Effingham
Salary:Up to £28,000 dependent upon experience
Hours: 40 hours per week – 52 Weeks per year
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
We are looking to recruit a Site Manager to work across three of our schools in the south east of England. You will be working between Caterham Education Centre in Caterham, Redehall School in Smallfield Nr. Horley and our brand new school Poppyfield in Effingham which is opening in early 2022.
The main purpose of the role:
You will be responsible for ensuring that all matters relating to the continuous operation, maintenance and cleanliness of the buildings, grounds and equipment are managed in such a way that ensures a high-quality site service is provided at all times thus ensuring the safeguarding, health, safety and general well-being of all those accessing the site.
Working with the central estates department, you will also support the development of the services through site expansion projects and integrating new/developed buildings.
- Manage local relationships with Aurora approved local and companywide suppliers and ensure only approved suppliers are used.
- Provide management with timely notice of any difficulties that may arise as well as ensuring swift reporting of any unplanned and ad hoc requirements outside of planned expenditure.
- Contribute to annual operational and CAPEX budget processes (with site and central management).
- Respond to and resolve adhoc maintenance requests via online ticketing software.
- Organise and carry out the collection and movement of furniture and equipment as directed.
- Acting as the site and School’s Fire Safety Officer ensure the following:
- All fire and safety equipment and systems are functional, and that safety awareness is promoted
- All relevant procedures and checks are completed in accordance with policy.
- The Annual Fire Risk Assessment is carried out.
- Management of the maintenance and safety of all vehicles including auditing of mileage logs and usage register.
- Ensure safe storage of all, keys, tools, equipment and materials, in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and maintain equipment register
- Play a full part in building good relationships with other staff, students and stakeholders.
- Carry out regular planned maintenance inspection on services, utilities and the building fabric throughout the school. Report findings and take necessary actions.
Carry out additional tasks and responsibilities as instructed by school / central management as and when required.
For the full job description and break down of duties, please contact Liz from the recruitment team ######-aurora-
Previous experience managing site(s) with multiple use and complex equipment and needs of those accessing buildings, grounds and equipment (previous experience of working within education and special needs settings preferred).
Flexibility and sensitivity to the needs of a wide range of users with complex needs is essential.
Understands and can apply Legislation and Regulations relating to all aspects of site management . to fire, health and safety, Legionella, asbestos, security, COSHH and Safeguarding (within a college/ school environment preferred). Knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations. Health and Safety qualification desirable.
Line Management experience which demonstrates ability to motivate others to deliver high quality standards.
Management of suppliers and contractors. Accredited management training is desirable.
Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance and grounds maintenance and to effectively delegate and monitor work of others.
Computer literacy skills essential due to the utilisation of the internal CAFM system.
Enthusiastic and pro-active, keen to be involved. General maintenance knowledge preferably with a qualification in electrics / plumbing. Alternatively, a construction trade.
Ongoing training and continued support
Life assurance and pension
Health cash back plan
Car lease scheme
Bike to work scheme
For more information on this position please contact######### / ######-aurora-
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Aurora Group is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children."
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer