Fruit Processing Lab Technician (8 - Winscombe | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Fruit Processing Lab Technician (8 - 10 Week FTC)
Winscombe, North Somerset, England
Permanent (Full time)
Fruit Processing Lab Technician (8
You could be just the right applicant for this job - read all associated information and make sure to apply.
- 10 Week FTC) Sandford, Somerset Are you looking for a temporary summer job? Want to build some excellent scientific and laboratory skills? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join our Seasonal Team at Thatchers Who are Thatchers Cider? Established in 1904 by William John Thatcher, we have grown into one of the top cider-making businesses in the world.
Now in our fourth generation of family cider makers, we’re exceptionally proud of our Somerset roots.
We’ve experienced tremendous growth through industry-leading levels of investment in our marketing, people development, innovative technology and world-class cider mill.
The best part? We’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a Fruit Processing Lab Technician to join our team in Sandford for an 8 – 10 week, fixed-term contract.
- Competitive salary This role presents a fantastic opportunity for anyone who wants to pursue a career in a science-based role, to help build upon their experience.
We’ll provide you with a comprehensive induction into what we do and full training to ensure you can fulfil a key role in our company over the Summer months.
What’s more, although only a short-term contract, this role offers a great chance to get your foot in the door of our growing organisation, and potentially build a career.
We are always looking for dedicated, talented individuals to join us, so come and show us what you can do The Role As a Fruit Processing Lab Technician, you will work in the laboratory ensuring that all fruit tests are carried out correctly and efficiently.
Keeping the lab clean and tidy at all times, you will perform a variety of instrument-based tests, including automated steam distillation, density measurement, spectrophotometric measurements and moisture balance.
Liaising with the Production Team, you will ensure that any instances of non-conformance are escalated and corrected.
You will also:
- Maintain stock and solutions of all chemicals and consumables
- Record test results accurately and promptly into the computer system via a tablet
- Collect data and keep accurate records of your work About You To be considered as a Fruit Processing Lab Technician, you will need:
- Accuracy and a good attention to detail
- A responsible attitude and a positive, can-do approach
- To be trustworthy with the ability to get the job done
- To work calmly under pressure
- To be organised and punctual
- Good interpersonal skills A formal qualification in science would be advantageous to your application, but by no means essential.
This is a full-time role, working a variety of 12 hour shifts, Monday to Sunday, including days and nights (a full season rota will be issued at the start of employment).
Other organisations may call this role Lab Assistant, Trainee Lab Assistant, Laboratory Assistant, Food Technician, Food Production Assistant, or Laboratory Technician.
Webrecruit and Thatchers Cider are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Fruit Processing Lab Technician, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit.
The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.