Solihull, West Midlands, England
£28k - 35k per year
Your new organisation are a family run sub-contractor construction company who specialise in cladding, metal & steelwork. Due to continued growth they now require a materials Buyer to join them on a permanent basis out of their Solihull offices, on a salary between £28,000 and £35,000.
They are seeking a professional career minded individual with an assertive nature and excellent negotiation skills alongside passion and drive, with a desire to progress within the business over the coming years.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ability to read, understand & abstract technical information from drawings and specifications
- Ability to schedule materials from drawings and specifications
- Raising thorough material order enquires for tender of material packages.
- Collate quotes, analyse & negotiate with suppliers
- Producing and issuing schedule purchase orders
- Inputting orders and schedules onto purchase order software system
- Raising & issuing repeat orders
- Raising & issuing prelim, secondary and call off orders on new contracts
- Updating and issuing orders following design changes
- Updating and issuing orders with price changes
- Establish excellent working relationships with supply chain
- Prepare enquiries for year Term Agreements, collate quotes, analyse, negotiate and appoint suppliers for various materials
- Ensure that the administration of purchase orders is optimised at all times.
- Provide purchasing support to other functions within the business.
Posted 12 days ago