Special Needs Teaching Assistant
East London, Greater London, England
75.0000 - 90.0000
Contract (Full time)
Vision Teaching have been asked to recruit a SEN teaching Assistant to work in an Outstanding Primary School. This school is a 2 form entry school that was graded Outstanding in its latest Ofsted report.
The following points are required from suitable candidates.
Teaching and Learning
- Providing targeted support for individual pupils, both inside and outside the classroom, to enable them to fully participate in activities.
- Providing academic and social support for all pupils.
- Providing unobtrusive, in-class guidance and support to enable pupils to find answers to questions and tasks set, using knowledge of each individual's differing levels of development and ability to ensure progression and continuity.
- Managing and supporting an allocation of specific pupils with an identified SEN.
- Assisting with the development, implementation and monitoring of pupil support plans and/or individual education plans for allocated pupils.
- Planning, delivering and evaluating 1-1 or small group interventions (with guidance and support from the SENCO and class teachers).
- Assisting the SENCO and class teachers in the planning of work programmes for individuals and groups of pupils and developing a range of activities to facilitate inclusion for all.
- Liaising with parents and other professionals, as and when required. This could be in the form of written communication through diaries, phone calls or verbal communication at the start and/or end of the school day.
- Attending and actively participating in lesson planning meetings.
- Undertaking playtime and lunchtime supervision as directed by the deputy headteacher. (Duties)
- Keeping and maintaining records of pupils' support and progress, in line with school policy, including tracking progress towards PSP/IEPs and providing reports for Annual Reviews.
- Monitoring and reporting on progress made by pupils during interventions and/ or 1-1 sessions.
- Ensuring that all departmental materials and equipment are in good, safe working order and stored safely and securely.
- Assisting with the planning and organising of departmental trips, to ensure they are fully inclusive.
Benefits of working with Vision Teaching:
- Competitive pay rate (Inner London) Paid Weekly
- Temp to perm contracts
- Tailored CPD for cover supervisors
- Career progression and potential teaching pathways available
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- Access to a large range of partner schools and teaching support opportunities across London