Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England
We are now recruiting for great EA role for the council in Borehamwood.
You'll be joining a dedicated team of people working in an environment where you'll add value to the local community, helping to shape the future for the borough!
The main purpose of the role is to provide a supportive service to the Managing Director and to ensure that the same level of service is provided to the two Directors through the effective deployment of the current Personal Assistant.
What's in it for you?
- Salary:up to£31k
- Hours:9am-, Mon-Thursday and 9am-5pm on Friday
- Generous pension scheme, up to 19%
- 36-hour week with flexi days
- 25 days holiday + BH, rising to 30 days
- Free gym membership
- Provision of a full range of secretarial services
- Be responsible for managing the performance of the Personal Assistant to ensure that the required standards are met.
- To be responsible for regular performance management of the Personal Assistant including undertaking appraisals, identifying training needs and drawing up training plans to address performance and skill needs.
- Screening telephone calls and visitors to the Managing Director in order to maximise the effective use of time. Redirecting callers, providing further information and generally ensuring a satisfactory response is given
- Assisting visitors to the Executive Suite including arranging appointments, collating all necessary papers required by the Managing Director and arranging for refreshments to be provided as requested or required.
- To manage the Executive Suite ensuring that there is support and cover provided at all times by the Personal Assistant in their absence.
- Provide support to Chief Officers with relevant business matters and at team meetings.
- Assist the Managing Director with the prioritisation and planning of their workload, including a bring forward system.
- Assisting with the production of management information, including statistical analyses as required.
- To safeguard children, young people and adults at risk and make referrals to the appropriate agency. To train and supervise staff to enable them to respond to the safeguarding needs of service users.
What the employer is looking for:
- Experienced EA/Secretary, 3-5 years
- Unflappable and resilient nature!
- The ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Great communication skills, you'll be speaking to people at all levels
- Computer literacy, Word, Excel and PP
Hours:9am-, Mon-Thursday and 9am-5pm on Friday
Red Door Recruitment is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Full details available on our website.
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.