Senior Campaigner or Campaign Manager
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Changing Markets is looking for an experienced Senior Campaigner or Campaign Manager to join our dynamic team in running and winning market transformation campaigns. The position is full-time and the successful candidate should be based in our London office at 1, Mark Square. They will work on a range of different international campaigns in a flexible and dynamic working environment.
The Changing Markets Foundation was formed to accelerate and scale up solutions to sustainability challenges by leveraging the power of markets. We create and support campaigns that expose irresponsible corporate practices and shift market share away from unsustainable products and companies towards environmentally and socially beneficial solutions. We work on a range of different topics at the intersection of environmental and social issues and have a strong track record of winning campaigns. Our campaigns have focused on major players in the food, fashion, plastic and aquafeed sectors – to name just a few.
We are looking for a Senior Campaigner or Campaign Manager with at least 5 years’ experience in running campaigns and a proven track record of success. This role has a strong focus on research and the successful candidate should have experience in commissioning and conducting investigations, managing external contractors and writing campaign reports. They should have outstanding inter-personal skills and be a team player with a good network of NGO contacts and the ability to form collaborative working relationships with a variety of different stakeholders.
The successful candidate must have:
- demonstrable experience in running and winning international campaigns;
- excellent analytical skills;
- the ability to lead, implement and coordinate research (either in-house or by external consultants) to create the evidence base needed to win campaigns;
- a good eye for detail combined with a strong ability to distil and critically evaluate key information and translate it into simple campaign materials;
- excellent writing skills in English, which will be needed to draft reports and investigations;
- networking skills and a proven ability to create and run diverse coalitions;
- good organizational skills with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines, multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment with occasional heavy workloads;
- the ability to think out-of-the-box and to adapt campaign plans to changing circumstances;
- willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice;
- an interest in environmental issues with a passion for creating lasting social change.
It’s a plus if the candidate has:
- good knowledge of debates surrounding environmental and climate change issues;
- fluency in another European language (German or French is a plus);
- experience in handling media relations;
- good knowledge of how to use social media creatively to win campaigns.