Nursery Apprentice - Edwalton | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Edwalton, Nottinghamshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Childbase Partnership, rated the UKs number 1 best big company to work for, is looking to recruit an Apprentice to join the team in June / July at Edwalton Day Nursery in Nottingham.
Work should be fun and we are looking for individuals who share that philosophy whilst providing children under 5 with a ‘Sound Foundation’ for life.
Your duties as an Apprentice Nursery Nurse will include:
* Building positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals
* Ensuring that each child’s wellbeing is met and that they thrive in a safe environment
* Safeguarding all children in our care
* Observing, monitoring and engaging in children's play activities linked to the EYFS. Activities will support children’s language and literacy, art and design, numeracy and physical development
* Keeping records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered
* Learning how to provide high quality childcare to our children
* Assisting in serving food to children, ensuring special dietary requirements are met
We offer a wide range of employee benefits at Childbase Partnership, including:
* Cash rewards for going ‘Beyond Expectation’
* Potential for an annual tax-free Partnership Dividend
* 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to buy and sell leave
The pay rate is £ per hour and you will work hours a week. After 6 months, if you are aged 17 or above, your pay rate will increase to £ per hour.
During your work-based apprenticeship with our in-house training academy, you will be allocated time to complete any relevant computer-based learning and there will be some studying at home. If you don’t already hold GCSEs graded A-C / 4-9 in English and Maths, you will be required to study for functional skills alongside your early year’s qualification.
A level 2 apprenticeship will last for approximately 12-15 months and a level 3 will last for 18-20 months. Upon completion, you will have the opportunity to apply for qualified roles in our local nurseries.
If you are enthusiastic and want a career in childcare then we would love to hear from you.
Successful applicants will need to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation, undertake a DBS and provide at least two satisfactory references prior to commencing employment. If you have lived outside of the UK, EU or EAA in the last 3 years you may not be eligible for funding for an apprenticeship.