Senior Java Developer - Fareham | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Java Developer
Fareham, Hampshire, England
£70000.00 - £70000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Java Developer
All potential candidates should read through the following details of this job with care before making an application.
- Fareham (flexible working arrangements with circa 2 days in the office once restrictions end) The Opportunity: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Hampshire based Global Retailer.
The companies core behaviours and values include putting the customer first, supporting partnerships, acting as one team, making it happen and understanding the business so from that you can see that collaboration and teamwork are key.
We're looking for an experienced Java Developer who can join an Agile team as they move towards Azure DevOps.
This will be primarily working on manufacturing / order systems.
- Development and delivery of applications
- Manage 3rd party development and collaborate with other teams to meet timescales for build and test
- Contribute ideas to enhance the specification and systems but during and post development
- Provide design and build estimates and assist with planning
- Carry out data analysis
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshoot technical issues The person: We're looking for a self-motivated individual who has a focus on quality and a strong customer focus.
You'll be able to rapidly absorb and apply new technologies and resolve issues / mitigate risks.
Skills to include:
- Strong technical experience in Java development and RESTful Services
- Ideally experience in an Azure DevOps Cloud environment (or strong will to learn) with CI/CD pipelining
- Experience of Spring framework
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
- Knowledge of React or Angular
- Exposure to infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible and Docker
- Experience in a Test-first development environment The role is based out of the Fareham offices but with an expectation of circa 2 days in the office per week once restrictions are fully lifted.
Basic salary up to £65k bonus (up to 17%) £ car so the package is well in excess of £80k.